Hey Guys! First Raptor! Headlight Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its normal, my 2023 does it. Most modern projector lens headlights these days have a lower cutoff for the driver side for glare. All of my recent cars have had this sort of cutoff. It can always be manually raised.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this for high beam only? I'm seeing it on low beam.
It's how the lense/reflector inside the light is engineered to meet DOT regulations for anti-glare. You can adjust the light, but that scallop will still be there just further out.

Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High beam should in theory remove the scallop. I'm just trying to get used to the wild headlight swiveling. Its almost distracting lol I wish i could turn down the sensitivity of it. Going around a corner great, but changing lanes and the headlights move...idk

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have glair free (adaptive headlights) enabled on my '21 and love it. I never have to worry about dimming lights for oncoming. My drive home is rural roads and one can quite clearly see the shutter move in and out of the beam. That dark spot follows the oncoming vehicle. I have noticed a few quirks. The lights go to low beam when my speed drops below about 20 coming up my drive. Bright things on the opposite side of the road will sometimes fool it into thinking a vehicle is there.

If I remember the sequence correctly, selecting high or low beam disables it. You can tell from the "high" beam indicator. Green = adaptive, Blue = standard. The way to re-enable it that I remember is to briefly turn off the headlights and back on.

I am seldom on a freeway as in your post so this is a guess. Adaptive shutters the oncoming lane if there is a concrete divider.

Rickmeister

Reaction score
Your lights look just like mine. I have assumed the left dip is to keep the headlights off of oncoming traffic.

Attachments

• IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 4