Hey Guys - How Important Is the Tailgate Step?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto...never had it, thought it was a gimmicky option...now l use it all the time and it saves my knees!
I also meant to add that I've had no problem with mine. I don't know how different the Gen 2 is, but the one silly thing I'd mention on the Gen 1 style is to remember to fold the little step thing before you stow the thing. Seems like a no brainer, but you can try to close it with the flip out step thing open if you are being absent minded.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love it, its not a deal breaker but i wouldnt want a truck without it now that i have it.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being my 1st truck, I could live with out it. But...... i do find.....any time I need to get into the bed, i use the step. It is so natural and easy to use. never once does it cross my mind that it would get dirty in there and fail.

In the 13 months I have had the truck, I have had to get in the bed, maybe 10 times.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it

I use it when I have to carry 10' 2x4 or 2x6 I just leave it out close the tailgate and fish the wood through it.
I don't even tie it down and you don't have to worry about someone hitting you.

If you have the bed extenders deployed you can get up into the bed without a hassle.

And, oldie but goodie,
if you leave it extended, it acts as a rear spoiler you can go really fast with all the down force. :happy175:

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im 6 ft 3in, love mine wouldn't own one with out it. I'm getting too old to step on the tire and pull myself up and over every time. highly recommended.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had it on 3 raptors since 14 and never used it lol. But I can jump back there easily.