Help with OEM kicker Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all was replaced going to SYNC3?

Since Sync3 trucks have the option of the B&O system the amp configuration is different. It looks like the Sony system has an independent amp for the subwoofer? The B&O is like an all in one so that might be the issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My bet is that brown conn. has power, ground and +12v signal. With ignition on or radio on, it should have power. Confirm. Also, confirm your power and ground independently.

--Just-- in case. I’m thinking the above will simply rule out the wiring. I’m with @lateralis ; I think this is the accompanying sync mods.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll check! The APIM and screen were what were changed. Along with the USB hub and then the adapter harness. So am I kinda of out of luck if thats the case? Or is there a way I can program/manually connect to a different wire to get the amp/sub back? Would I need an APIM from the Sony System? My car had base audio if that changed anything

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I should se source on power wire and almost nothing on ground and what should I see in the 2 signal wires?

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this again but is there anyway to hook this up so it will work with the new sync 3 system I installed or am I kind of out of luck?