Help with Factory Sony Amp!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the right rear speaker in my Raptor is not working... I have the Sony Radio. I checked the leads at the speaker and no sound. So either there is a problem with the wiring between the amp and the speaker or the amp has a blown channel. When I go to Tasca Parts I get the part number DL3Z-18B849-A but when I search for Raptor / F150 amps on Ebay or other places I get DL3T-18T806-AG.

I really don't want to pay full boat retail on a new amp (~$350) when they seem to be readily available on Ebay for $100 or $150. Any suggestions?

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditch it totally.
Aftermarket
I have a JL Audio RD900.
Factory amp is under the center console so it has to come out, but not that big of a deal really

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditch it totally.
Aftermarket
I have a JL Audio RD900.
Factory amp is under the center console so it has to come out, but not that big of a deal really

Not interested in going down the aftermarket route. I am satisfied with the stock Sony stereo... But thanks for the recommendation!

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled the center console to determine if the amp is bad...well it isn't. Channel it outputting audio...therefore I have a break somewhere between the amp and the speaker. I am thinking at the door hinge as that is the most likely place... Hopefully there is enough wire to figure it out!

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled the center console to determine if the amp is bad...well it isn't. Channel it outputting audio...therefore I have a break somewhere between the amp and the speaker. I am thinking at the door hinge as that is the most likely place... Hopefully there is enough wire to figure it out!
It is pretty straightforward working on these and taking the door panels off. There are videos on youtube. Hope you got it worked out!