GEN 1 2012 stock Sony Amp - does it need to be programmed if replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, we have been texting back and forth about it. a simple oem replacelemt is all he needs for now. looks like @FordTechOne answered the question of programming. i dont think i have ever replaced an oem amp with another oem amp. looking into it, it seems its a dealer programming requirement. unless the shop has the ford specific scantool
Yeah, the shop has whatever programming magic is required. Dealer programming quote was $215 (1 hour). Shop is saying 2 hours, but they charge half what the dealer does, so it's a wash. The truck is already over at the shop, so probably just have them do it. Seems like my hands are pretty tied here. I just want my truck back. Been a battle since May.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
APIM is a separate programming procedure; it has 2 separate processors, CIP and VIP.

The Audio DSP requires PMI with IDS to function properly.
Well, they did have to do programming magic, but my $100 replacement amp is now working fine. However, now my tach is way off... again. FML.
I don't believe the two are directly related. I think the tach somehow loses its zero when power is getting connected/disconnected. Just a theory, I don't actually know.