Help me decide on '18 pricing: 4k off MSRP, shipped to CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kifo4173

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping some of you more experienced with current numbers could shed some light. Looking at a pretty loaded '18 supercab. These are the numbers we came to:

$4035 off MSRP delivered to my place in Los Angeles. The truck is in the midwest, so shipping is $1100. So they're really taking $5135 off MSRP.

Is this on par with what others are getting on 18's? Below average/average/above average? Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kipp

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a bad deal, but it’s not a steal also. I don’t know how hard a super cab is to find as that may change things. I just bought a 2108 super crew 802a for $7100 under MSRP, but part of that was due to a bad price the dealer put on their web site. At the end of the day if you are happy with the deal take it. There will always be someone on these boards who will get a better deal, sometimes such a good deal I question it.

Fury Road

Reaction score
The including shipping has to be considered. If they gave you 5k off sticker but you still had to pay for shipping same difference. Screws are more expensive also. What is the actual sticker? 5k off on a supercab might be close to invoice depending on how it’s spec’d out and yes there are a lot less on lots than screws.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any SCABs on the dealer lot that wern't ordered trucks. A loaded SCAB would sticker for around $67k or so.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't wait, then its a good deal as SCAB models are hard to find.

Make sure you understand the difference between the 18s and 19s!

Also it will be a year older when you sell, so you need to keep her longer to compensate. :)

I just ordered a SCAB for MSRP in California, but the wait is a couple of months.

I would subtract any options you would not have ordered for a fair comparison.

KDub

Reaction score
Just make sure it's got the CA emissions standards passed. I'm not sure if it requires rework, might just be an inspection and smog, but it's worth checking before you commit.

Major

Reaction score
I bought my 2018 from TX. Get Smog certificate as soon as truck arrives and tell the dealership which DMV you would like for them to send the paperwork. Once paperwork arrives DMV will send you a notification to come and get your CA plate. Make sure to ask dealership about the tax. Sometime you have to pay additional $1000 commercial vehicle tax at the DMV because dealership only charge you CA sales tax instead of charge you the CA sales tax plus commercial tax. Either way you will pay the commercial tax but i don't want you to get the unexpected payment at the DMV.

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many here paid MSRP (I did) so if you're getting about 4K off of that I'd say that was pretty good...