Ready to buy Gen2(or 3) - but all dealerships way over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky to buy at exactly the right time. Bought my ‘17 in May 2020. I think the only option I’m missing is the tailgate step—it’s the only one I wish I had. It had just under 50K miles and I got it just under $50K.

A month or two later when my dad bought, similar trucks were flying off the lots for 55-58K. We tried to get a similar price as I did from a dealer on a truck without the tech package and he didn’t even believe that I got that deal.

Moral of the story: it’s only gotten worse. No one is offering any deals and it’s not going to change anytime soon, sadly. If you find a reasonable price, move your ass!

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tempted to move on from mine simply due to the market as well. But what would I replace it with...? Not too much has me interested right now. Coming from a Ram, I really like those newer interiors but their customer service leaves a bit to be desired in my experience. I'd be interested in a F250 but their decision to not update the interiors on the '21's doesn't get me going at all.

Just for grins I asked a dealer here in NC what the value was to them for my 802a '19 with that hit 20k miles today. He got back to me with "We can offer you $60k!".

papirriki007

Reaction score
I spend like 6 months last year lokking for my dream truck until shows more than 2k miles away ( north dakota) I live in Miami , I bought a 2020 802pckg 6k miles on it carbon fiber for $59900 plus $1400 shipping I think a good deal , consider search nationwide.

Heinz

Reaction score
I spend like 6 months last year lokking for my dream truck until shows more than 2k miles away ( north dakota) I live in Miami , I bought a 2020 802pckg 6k miles on it carbon fiber for $59900 plus $1400 shipping I think a good deal , consider search nationwide.
Good deal indeed. Nice job!

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother in CA as they're a ripoff (unless of course you have super deep pockets and don't care). I bought mine in August of '20 from a dealer in Arkansas after lowballing a dealer in Woodland Hills. I wanted to see if the WH dealer would play - no chance. After the rejection it just pissed me off so we started combing the dealerships across the US for '19's and 20's. We ended up with a '19 802a SCREW for $65k, $10k under what Galpin was asking as well as 6k under what WH was asking. After shipping we ended up around 5k under the WH price. Take your time and search, call, wheel / deal as much as possible. I just found a white '19 @ Lewis Ford in Dodge City Kansas - it says call for price: (785) 621-3598.

Good Luck!

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky to buy at exactly the right time. Bought my ‘17 in May 2020. I think the only option I’m missing is the tailgate step—it’s the only one I wish I had. It had just under 50K miles and I got it just under $50K.

You got the optional plastic pan and the suspect cam phasers... I don't think I would call that a win.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 802A Scab last year in May as well. I had been looking for the last 6 months and dealers in Socal are a mess to deal with. My brother-in-law is in the business and found my 2018 at a specialty car dealer in Malibu on consignment. He brokered the deal and I walked away with a mint 2018 with 18K miles and it had never seen a speck of dirt for just under 50k. Added the 8/125k from Flood and let Ford worry about the cam phasers and pan. I'm still going to be way ahead in a few years from now when I'm really for the Raptor R.

OP
OP
Rob87

Rob87

Reaction score
Don't bother in CA as they're a ripoff (unless of course you have super deep pockets and don't care). I bought mine in August of '20 from a dealer in Arkansas after lowballing a dealer in Woodland Hills. I wanted to see if the WH dealer would play - no chance. After the rejection it just pissed me off so we started combing the dealerships across the US for '19's and 20's. We ended up with a '19 802a SCREW for $65k, $10k under what Galpin was asking as well as 6k under what WH was asking. After shipping we ended up around 5k under the WH price. Take your time and search, call, wheel / deal as much as possible. I just found a white '19 @ Lewis Ford in Dodge City Kansas - it says call for price: (785) 621-3598.

Good Luck!
Hey grelon65, thanks for the info! Yeah, been talking to some dealerships/used car dealers in the SFV (I'm in Sherman Oaks) and they're not budging on the inflated prices one bit. No biggie.

Last edited:

Evpilot

Reaction score
I’m in the process of buying a Raptor on Vroom. I’ll report back when it gets here but it was the best price I could find. I’m in SoCal too. There are two that are going to be going on sale on this site too.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got the optional plastic pan and the suspect cam phasers... I don't think I would call that a win.
The pan isn’t leaking and the cam phasers are fine. From what I’ve read, that issue would’ve presented itself by now anyway. I think it normally presents by 30K. Plus I still have over a year of powertrain warranty left though I might just beat that slightly with miles. If I have to buy a metal pan for a few hundred dollars and get my hands dirty, I’ll take the $15K saved.