Ready to buy Gen2(or 3) - but all dealerships way over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pan isn’t leaking and the cam phasers are fine. From what I’ve read, that issue would’ve presented itself by now anyway. I think it normally presents by 30K. Plus I still have over a year of powertrain warranty left though I might just beat that slightly with miles. If I have to buy a metal pan for a few hundred dollars and get my hands dirty, I’ll take the $15K saved.

the phasers had a part number change(s) and have a revised program coming. There is no rule of thumb for mileage where they give out. Hopefully your pan stays dry, but definitely keep an eye on it. Ford went back to metal in mid 2018 because of the headaches of the plastic pans.

Jedburgh

Reaction score
My experience is now dated, but the recommendation I will make is not. I bought my 2020 Supercab the last day of February 2020, just before COVID hammered us. My experience with lots of dealers was that of greed, indifference and outright arrogance. They were looking several grand over sticker, and with an attitude at that. Well, I really wanted one, but I wasn't going to deal with someone like that. So I started the long-haul research, until I finally found a dealer and a salesman who were squared away, professional, genuinely good-hearted people. Over the phone, they gave me a quote about $2,500 under sticker, no games, no nonsense. I've bought a whole bunch of cars in my life, but have never had a better dealer experience.

The guy's name is Matt Strosin. He is with Griffin Ford, in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I don't know the supply/market right now, but you can know that he'll treat you well, wherever the market is. https://www.griffinford.com/

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the phasers had a part number change(s) and have a revised program coming. There is no rule of thumb for mileage where they give out. Hopefully your pan stays dry, but definitely keep an eye on it. Ford went back to metal in mid 2018 because of the headaches of the plastic pans.
No worries, I shall. I think mine is a later model so maybe I’ll get lucky.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of buying a Raptor on Vroom. I’ll report back when it gets here but it was the best price I could find. I’m in SoCal too. There are two that are going to be going on sale on this site too.

Did you get the SCREW Leadfoot Grey with Orange Accents from Vroom?

Evpilot

Reaction score
Did you get the SCREW Leadfoot Grey with Orange Accents from Vroom?

The interior has the orange accents. No orange decals on the exterior. There was a shadow black with orange exterior decals on some of the lettering. Truck is arriving this next week.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick adder, was kicking the tires at a Porsche dealer last night outside of Sacramento, was offered 73k for my 2019 SCREW with 9k miles. Loaded except recarro. Car was a 2020 executive Cayanne S, would be an even swap except for taxes. Stipp have my rappy.

OP
OP
Rob87

Rob87

Reaction score
Update: Getting a 2019 SCREW with 23k miles with 802a shipped out from Texas to So. California. Should be here in a couple of weeks --- looks like I might be getting to my 'New Raptor' owner post in the other thread soon!!!!

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also in CA and in the market to buy one.. Great thread here - It's good to hear, that you guys perceive the situation the same way. It's just crazy.

Especially because nationwide, there still a lot of cars on the market and I'm really wondering if the sales will not completely slow down now, with those prices being asked and the Gen3 to arrive soon..

I'll sit it out for now :)

Last edited:

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm mentally and financially ready to dive into the world of Raptor ownership and can't wait to post a pic of her! I live in Los Angeles, CA and I've been eyeing the market for the last several days. Granted, I'm green as grass when it comes to the overall Raptor market (or how dealerships even work, honestly).

Just looking at prices in my local area, they just intuitively seem marked-up - is this a regional thing? If Gen 3 is so close around the corner (and I saw some posts about potential dealerships selling them at MSRP), seems just logical to wait for Gen3 at this point? Definitely want a Raptor with the 802a package - the upgraded sound + moonroof are must haves for me (and the wife, and the two dogs).

Any advice on the overall current market on Raptors would be greatly appreciated (I'm also more than happy to read/research, just point me to a link/right direction and I can do my own due diligence - I promise I'm not lazy!).

Thank you all kindly!
Move !!

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior has the orange accents. No orange decals on the exterior. There was a shadow black with orange exterior decals on some of the lettering. Truck is arriving this next week.
Yeah, I think I might have been eyeing that same unit for a little bit online. Glad to see it went to a good home haha.