1500 miles in 16 hours – Bringing new Raptor home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisnack

Reaction score
congrats! I've had mine 2 weeks and just passed 2,000 miles on this weekend. Hauled out to Colorado from Wisconsin to visit my brother and pick up a heater for my garage. I should have over 3000 by the time I'm back. Not bad for 2 weeks of ownership :) I had a good 800 of mixed driving on it before i did the highway stint.

It's a great vehicle.

I have a 2014 Terrain SuperCrew fully loaded with all options.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1500 miles in 16 hours – Bringing new Raptor home
After being an interloper on the forum for a while I finally bit the bullet and bought my Raptor. I decided to go new as I could not really find a used one that was close as well as was a SuperCab and no moon roof. There were some out there but none that were close. I also wanted a 2012 or newer an I wanted to upgraded front differential.

When I decided to go new I find out from the dealers that the Raptor is being discontinued for the next three years. I called 11 dealers across the country and all said the same thing. I asked about ordering one from my local dealer and they said no more orders can be made as well as they “had” to charge a 10K mark up. First part of no more orders was a DARNIT moment and the 10K over I laughed at the dealer and walked out.

So watched the usual websites for cars for the past few months and found one in WA. I called the dealer and asked what the options were and so on. It was a base Raptor with the plus package no moonroof. SCORE! And I told the dealer I would buy it but not over MSRP. They wanted 5K over.

This is where it goes weird. Sales guy I talked to said he had to talk to the GM if that was ok. This was at COB on a Sunday we spoke by phone. Monday I follow up and the sales person says that the GM needs to talk to the owner. Never heard that ever needing to be the case so the flags went up. Followed up again on Tuesday and the sales guy said still waiting for the GM to talk to the owner. This point I was a little miffed as now I am being lied to in my book. Wednesday comes around and the sales guy said it sold to a lady for 4K over MSRP. Now I understand they want over MSRP but the part that pissed me off was the being lied to about the GM and owner part. I posted my dealing with the dealer as well as notify Ford which trigger me getting a call from the owner of the dealer Thursday.

Now the part my wife and I can’t figure out. Owner apologize for me being lied to and that he never heard anything about this deal. Asks if he can earn my business and I said if you can find the same truck at MSRP you can earn my business. He said he would look into it and call me back. That was all in the AM. At the same time I found a dealer that had the same truck being delivered to them at the end of the month but they were in VA. UG long drive home. WA dealer owner called back and said that the truck I was first asking about was now mine. The truck was in the process of being sold to a business / long term bulk buyer from them but canceled the sale and gave it to me. Not sure how that is better but I got the truck now.

After all that, got the paper work done by mail and flew to Pasco WA where the dealer picked me up to pick up the car from the dealer. After all the final details jumped in and made the 670 mile trek home ot CA for Prosser WA. This is where the tile of the comes in, flying 720 miles in a plane and driving the rest home.

Flying there

Raptor-drivehome (1).jpg

Driving to the dealer

Raptor-drivehome (2).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (3).jpg

Seeing her for the first time

Raptor-drivehome (4).jpg

On the road heading to Bend OR for food stop.

Raptor-drivehome (5).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (6).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (7).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (8).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (9).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (10).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (11).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (12).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (13).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (14).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (15).jpg

Food and fuel top off – wife’s order by phone call as I was doing the drive home solo and had not eaten all day.

Raptor-drivehome (16).jpg

Leaving Bend OR heading to CA

Raptor-drivehome (17).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (18).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (20).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (21).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (22).jpg

Finally back to CA heading to HWY 5 to trek back to Sacramento
Raptor-drivehome (23).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (24).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (25).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (26).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (27).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (28).jpg

Only glamour shots I took as I wanted to GET HOME. It was a long drive as well as a long lonely drive home.
Raptor-drivehome (29).jpg

Raptor-drivehome (30).jpg

Figured the trip computer out about 20 miles into the trip. Not too shabby for such a long trek and being home 1 hour before GPS said I should be. Also hit the speed governor a few time as I was in a OH **** moment in passing cars.

Raptor-drivehome (31).jpg

As for my impression of being a Raptor owner. All I can say is if you are reading this and have one you already know and for some chance toy are reading this and don’t have one, let me say I swear this truck defies physics on what it can do. I can’t wait to get to know her better.

pics or it didnt happen

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck glad you got what you wanted and had some fun picking it up!

My 2014 is best all around truck I have owned to date. I love driving it everyday, 2,600 miles in first month!

Let the mods begin!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...As for my impression of being a Raptor owner. All I can say is if you are reading this and have one you already know and for some chance toy are reading this and don’t have one, let me say I swear this truck defies physics on what it can do. I can’t wait to get to know her better.

Congrats on the Raptor, m3dragon, and thanks for sharing your story with us! Those are some amazing pictures - it seems like you're having an awesome first adventure with your truck. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck! I have a fully loaded 2014 Tux Black SCab. I noticed your truck doesn't have the HID headlights tho?

I could not just order raptor plus with HID. So I will add those myself which is cheaper than having to get "options". I also had to pick from what was available so beggars can't be choosers.

Here is the current planned mod list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Way too organized on that mod list. All mine were impulse buys! If I thought about it too much, I might not of done them. Take my money, quick before I change my mind. LOL