About to pull the trigger on new tires...help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've read 252 threads on tires and I'm confused. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

So I want to buy five new tires. I'd rather avoid buying new wheels. I want to get bigger tires but I don't want to do any mods, no mid perch, no cutting, nada. I don't off-road much but I may so I don't want to completely neuter the truck. But I definitely want something that fills those wheel wells better than the BFG 35s.

My preference would be the 37" Goodyear MT with Kevlar. Had them before and like them. But with the no mod requirement, these could be a problem.

Plan B are 36" Toyos (I think) but those require a 18" wheel. I'd prefer to avoid that to save some coin. But, truth be told, I could be talked into a nice set of black matte wheels.

So, any suggestions? Any nice matte black wheels (no chrome)? If I choose new wheels, can I get a different width or offset to give the truck a little wider stance, not a lot. Or any 17" tires you'd recommend that would fill up those wheel wells on the stock rims and not require any cutting or pinch weld mods?

I'm ready to pull the trigger, and this smells like a lot of coin. Help me to NOT muck it up!

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

BTW, this is very intriguing to me where it not for the need for new wheels

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/possible-alternative-fit-37-tires-30349/index2.html#post708439

But I may still do it if I find the right wheel, all matte black.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You think so? Those 37" GY Kevlars are my favorites. If I could stick those on my stock wheels that would be sweet!

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 37" BFGs are .5" smaller, and have a slightly higher speed rating. I wonder how'd they look compared to the GY. If I can do that and maybe drive it as is on the street and mod later if I decide I need the extra clearance test would be nice.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, this is a pic of your truck with the Nitto's! I like it a lot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another pic from your build thread...

Attachments