Help.... AT or MT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am gonna be honest and say that they were the worst tire I have ever owned. They look good and last a good while but off-road... meh... very heavy... and worst performing tire ive ever had in rain,ice,snow. Ever. I would say that the Maxxis Razr AT is far better alternative. And just so you know where my experiance comes from... I go through trucks allot.... and I was a service advisor/Accessories sales for a dealer for 7 years. Everything I say is just my opinion tho...
Haha!! That was easier on me that I thought. I had seen a few post of you saying they were the worst tire ever made. Well sounds like with your background you would know.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am gonna be honest and say that they were the worst tire I have ever owned. They look good and last a good while but off-road... meh... very heavy... and worst performing tire ive ever had in rain,ice,snow. Ever. I would say that the Maxxis Razr AT is far better alternative. And just so you know where my experiance comes from... I go through trucks allot.... and I was a service advisor/Accessories sales for a dealer for 7 years. Everything I say is just my opinion tho...

Yup. I share the same opinion.
Looks wise they are great.
On road for anything other than dry, they are subpar.
Offroad they were ok for sand/clayish materal.

Only tire I think is worse was the original KO tires on the Gen 1.

The tire I liked the most among my multiple Raptors over 8 years was the ST MAXX(35's) by Cooper.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of Toyo RT Trails on my truck. So far they have been an excellent tire. I only have about 1,000ish miles on them so far though.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant believe the Maxxis Razr AT only has 15/32 tread depth! Seems shallow for an AT compared to most out there.
But I could get 6 for just over 2k. Most others ill be pushing 3k for 6.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you might like the cooper at3 XLT Dillard . If you dont get a lot of deep snow it will probably be enough in the dirt for you and quiet in the street.