Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m using the OBDLink EX FORScan.version 2.3.50

‘23 R. I think it’s too new.
Still should be compatible thought, for 1996 and newer Fords (and select vehicles). Definitely interested to hear the reason for error message.

Attachments

• 9535F24E-1F95-4F32-8DF3-1E057E98FB6D.png
    9535F24E-1F95-4F32-8DF3-1E057E98FB6D.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a guy on F150gen14 loaning out his Mongoose cable. I spoke with a guy this morning who did the swap and he said that the digital hvac controls needed a software update to work. His dealership did the install & update. You can use FDRS to update the software.

fourfourty

Reaction score
I have the boosted house kit with HVAC panel. More than enough courage and skill to get it done.
The issue I’ve got: Forscan won’t read the truck. I get the “can not identify vehicle contact developers.”

Please put out what the dealer does for you. My local dealers can’t figure it out.
I just got my R, and I am having this same issue. Based on what I could find on Forscan forum, it is likely our trucks are too new. They probably dont have them in the Forscan database yet. I sent a support email. Hoping to get good news back.

I also purchased the digital readout HVAC module, hoping this would work. Sounds like the news in this thread isnt very promising. I will probably bite the bullet on the other HVAC module, so that I know it will work once I can get linked up on Forscan.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my R, and I am having this same issue. Based on what I could find on Forscan forum, it is likely our trucks are too new. They probably dont have them in the Forscan database yet. I sent a support email. Hoping to get good news back.

I also purchased the digital readout HVAC module, hoping this would work. Sounds like the news in this thread isnt very promising. I will probably bite the bullet on the other HVAC module, so that I know it will work once I can get linked up on Forscan.
I did the same, I originally purchased the digital HVAC display and then decided to purchase the non-digital HVAC display just in case I can’t get the digital display to work when programming.

fourfourty

Reaction score
OK - I can confirm what enjoitheride has been saying. The digital readout HVAC will not accept programming. It does turn on, display correct temp, allow controls of basic HVAC functions (auto, fan speed, temp, power on/off), however it will not activate heated or cooled seats, and obviously not the HSW.

SCCM from boostedgreygoose did accept programming without any issues.

I think thefull kit from boostedgreygoose (with HVAC) is the right way to go.

I’m using the OBDLink EX FORScan.version 2.3.50

‘23 R. I think it’s too new.

There’s a guy on F150gen14 loaning out his Mongoose cable. I spoke with a guy this morning who did the swap and he said that the digital hvac controls needed a software update to work. His dealership did the install & update. You can use FDRS to update the software.

I did the same, I originally purchased the digital HVAC display and then decided to purchase the non-digital HVAC display just in case I can’t get the digital display to work when programming.

Ok guys, I have some new info on this stuff........

SuperSafety- Email [email protected] with your issue. They will get you a test version of the upcoming forscan release. I installed this and it worked on my 23 R.

Others...... I just installed the digital HVAC controls in my 23 R, and everything works perfect. You may want to cancel your orders on the other HVAC unit and try this out first. I was experiencing the issues noted in this thread but was easily able to get everything working.

Firstly- I know there is going to be someone who is going to kick themself for this (because I did)........ But the truck will not turn on heated steering wheel or heated seats if the engine is not RUNNING!!

Here is what I did- At first just loaded as-built from original module, then wrote the changes (and the other module changes). Pressed HVAC power button and displays came up as well as heat started running. Tried heated wheel and nothing. No heated or cooled seats either. Fussed a while and then started truck. Still nothing on the wheel or seats. I checked DTCs and found a couple in HVAC. Cleared codes, and did a full manual reset on the module. Turned ign. power back on, and turned HVAC on. Started truck and BLAMO, everything works perfect.

I'd suggest trying the digital module again, and just make sure you clear DTCs and do a module reset. My guess is that it is actually the module reset that got mine up and running. I know this is a required step in some other forscan mods, so it looks like it applies here as well.

Last edited:

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Here is what I did- At first just loaded as-built from original module
But that's just it - the Digital HVAC that we have will not accept ANY programming. Met with an error message when trying to load as-built from the original HVAC.

Awesome you got it working though - gives me hope.

I believe there's something to this. Digital HVAC shipping with different software versions is the only thing that I've come across that makes any sense as to why some people are having no trouble with it, and others, like myself, can't get it to accept any programming.

@BarryT82 - can you post or PM the pertinent information/contacts to get the digital HVAC software updated?

fourfourty

Reaction score
But that's just it - the Digital HVAC that we have will not accept ANY programming. Met with an error message when trying to load as-built from the original HVAC.

Awesome you got it working though - gives me hope.

I believe there's something to this. Digital HVAC shipping with different software versions is the only thing that I've come across that makes any sense as to why some people are having no trouble with it, and others, like myself, can't get it to accept any programming.

@BarryT82 - can you post or PM the pertinent information/contacts to get the digital HVAC software updated?

Hmm- Maybe it has something to do with the generation of the module. I know when I ordered mine, it had superseded to a new part number.

Or....... you have a faulty module. Seems weird it wont program at all.