Heated Steering option to be installed by dealer at no extra cost to customers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
…Ford knows how to make brakes because they do it in the standard F-150 as well as high performance cars like GT350R.

The Raptor's brakes are "mushy" by design because that gives the driver better braking modulation in low traction environments, ie offroad. In case you hadn't noticed, the suspension is also softer than the stock F-150 because it helps off-road.

Ford built the best off-road truck you can get from the factory and that includes the brakes. People who don't like the way it handles on the street shoud look at the Platinum with the new HO engine. That will have much better street manners.

NXTBADHABIT

Reaction score
I dont know any trucks with long travel suspensions that dont have squishy brakes. Has more to do with the suspension than stopping tire rotation. If your gripe is that you have a production trophy truck that doesnt stop like a Tundra, you are driving the wrong truck. It also doesnt have great payload. Same suspension issue. I didnt buy a performance truck for stopping power or payload.
My Gen 3 Tundra stopped like a dump truck.. I think this truck is pretty good on stopping power by comparison.

As far as the heated steering wheel delete, I think it’s a marginal complaint vs missing out on other options such as my cooled seats. But it’s all relative… I live where it gets hot, so those are more important to me than a heated wheel.

Honestly these trucks are pretty plush for a “performance” oriented vehicle like you stated. Your points are well made.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked my dealer about the heated steering wheel bulletin. They did not know about it. They asked me for a number that starts with 22G. I found it as 22G06 on the bulletin. She said my vin does not pull up anything in her system about this. But once she searched that 22G06 number, she found the bulletin, but nothing tied to my Raptor which was built on 3/13. So I am in the window. She said I am the first to ask about this. That she will need to dig into this further. So as others have already mentioned; it appears the dealers don't know about this yet.

PS: I also asked about the advanced security pack retrofit. They had no experience with activating that if I bought it and installed it myself.. I asked her to look into that deeper if she could.

Last edited:

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the window as well but my local dealer told me it wasn't for my truck because I got the $140 off of the sticker, I'm going to reach out to FP. So lame.

BIGWORM - where do you get the advanced security pack retrofit?

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the window as well but my local dealer told me it wasn't for my truck because I got the $140 off of the sticker, I'm going to reach out to FP. So lame.

BIGWORM - where do you get the advanced security pack retrofit?

Mine said that at first to me too. She said Im looking at your window sticker and it shows a discount. I said, yea, that's a forced discount that we all got. That no one paid for HS and didnt get it. There was no choice. So why would they be doing this for us now? She agreed and said she would dig into it. Well see what they say next.

The advanced security pack is a small part that goes in the empty space Ford left in the upper console. I guess you buy the part, plug it in and have ford activate it, or have someone with forscan activate it. I have not done that yet. But Id like that more than heated steering wheel as I am in California where its totally legal to break someones car windows and take what you want. SMH.