Have a VIN and Scheduled July 19th!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps. It’s also possible that the chip shortage is not the only problem, given this screenshot. If we’re dealing with multiple shortages, the late September build weeks that many of us got recently might be true build weeks and not mere placeholders.
Well he was going to see about removing his Bedliner from his order. I guess we will see if it changes his build week or not

Reaction score
So if this is the truth, I hope then this means we will be seeing additional build weeks moved ie 8/16 to after or around our currant build week. If we see more moved to 9/27 I would assume that build week to be a placeholder date. I know that this week they were scheduling new f150 orders for 9/13. So it is possible that we might see some dates shuffled back in the next couple of weeks.
i think there using weeks 9/27 and 9/20 as a place holder. And figuring out whose truck to build the next 2 weeks

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll letcha guys know tomorrow am what they say as it is an accessory they may be able to as we are a pretty large dealer with multiple locations in Indiana maybe they can work magic. If not oh well I'll let it be and see what happens. Hope Holden is right maybe it's a placeholder and there gonna filter us in sooner once things get in stock next week or the following

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, once a vin is assigned, you can not change.
I am pretty sure you can as long as it’s something like spraying liner or wheels or something along those lines until you get to the point you have actual build date which none of us has as of now. What you cannot change is color or interior items.

Reaction score
I'll letcha guys know tomorrow am what they say as it is an accessory they may be able to as we are a pretty large dealer with multiple locations in Indiana maybe they can work magic. If not oh well I'll let it be and see what happens. Hope Holden is right maybe it's a placeholder and there gonna filter us in sooner once things get in stock next week or the following
Only time will tell. I’m going to call FP tomorrow and see if they got any shedule change from today for the next 2 weeks

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can as long as it’s something like spraying liner or wheels or something along those lines until you get to the point you have actual build date which none of us has as of now. What you cannot change is color or interior items.

Vehicles are assigned the VIN number at the time the order is scheduled but specifications/options can be changed up until the order is "Locked In" which is about the time the scheduling is refined to the "Scheduled to Day" point or 2-3 weeks prior to production. There are restrictions and certain specifications cannot be changed... Body Code, Equipment Package/PEP #, Powertrain (?) and/or controlled commodities. The most common changes are to paint, interior trim and miscellaneous freestanding options. Any changes made to a scheduled order will push the scheduled production date back a minimum of 1 week. Changes made to an order are sent to the plant for processing with confirmation and a revised DORA sent 24 hours later if the changes are approved.
Edited May 18 by ice-capades

raptordan2021

Reaction score
who knows maybe they anticipate recovering from the chip shorts by mid august and will just continue on schedule then and try to squeeze some of the orders from early august in. I can’t imaging them building 2021 trucks into october that would be ridiculous and honestly I would probably cancel my order at that point order a 2022 for the resale value.

raptordan2021

Reaction score
Vehicles are assigned the VIN number at the time the order is scheduled but specifications/options can be changed up until the order is "Locked In" which is about the time the scheduling is refined to the "Scheduled to Day" point or 2-3 weeks prior to production. There are restrictions and certain specifications cannot be changed... Body Code, Equipment Package/PEP #, Powertrain (?) and/or controlled commodities. The most common changes are to paint, interior trim and miscellaneous freestanding options. Any changes made to a scheduled order will push the scheduled production date back a minimum of 1 week. Changes made to an order are sent to the plant for processing with confirmation and a revised DORA sent 24 hours later if the changes are approved.
Edited May 18 by ice-capades
I also dont think it makes any sense for them to delay production of dozens of raptors given that they're preparing to start production of 2022s. At this point I think they may just be raffling who's truck gets delayed from each build week to match the amount of stock they can build week to week. Doesn't make any sense that a person with a build week of July 26 got pushed back to september but I called FP this morning and am still on for build week of August 16. Makes me think it's just luck of the straw.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build was pushed back from 8/9 to 9/6 and it was also changed to priority code 1, seems like they could be pushing some builds and then assigning them priority code 1. I'm curious to see if this is the case with any other Raptor builds and how it will effect production scheduling.