Harsh Shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am guessing that I need to put factory tune back on when I take it in but with Cobb I take it will throw CEL so do I just leave the tune I stalled?

All depends on your dealer, My NC dealership did the Regen delete on my 2008 F350 and never had an issue with my 5 star tune on my GEN1, have not done a tune for the GEN2 but I’m in Denver now and have heard they can be tough about tunes.

OP
OP

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset to factory settings and dropping off at the dealer this morning. I hope this reflash makes the transmission smoother in all aspects.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This update has made a very noticeable difference. It did throw a code and had to do a relearn process

gobie18

Reaction score
I'm bring in my 2018 for the roughness from drive to reverse in the cold, hopefully the flash will resolve my issue too. Will report back when done.

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I have with mine is a harsh shift into 5th when in sport mode. Did it stock, with Mpt and now with Cobb.

Interesting....
My '18 was built in Aug. 2018. The only rough shift for me is also while in Sport mode into 5th gear.

Did this while stock for first 5k miles and now Cobb also. No change.

BowesEsq

Reaction score
Interesting....
My '18 was built in Aug. 2018. The only rough shift for me is also while in Sport mode into 5th gear.

Did this while stock for first 5k miles and now Cobb also. No change.

My 2017 hard shifts from 4th to 5th and only in Sport mode, too. Too common to be a coincidence.

More common on commute to work (cold) than on way home (warmed up a bit).

They updated programming last dealer visit and it smoothed out, but only for a couple weeks. Seems to have migrated back into same state.

Perhaps both a programming and mechanical transmission issue?

gobie18

Reaction score
Took it in for the carpet recall and transmission software update, all harsh shifting is gone. The software update is a must.