GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the changes I've been able to find are:
SP-496 Spark Plugs
Redesign of the connection from the turbo to the downpipe.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the stock gen3 gets +70hp and 100lb torque without any upgrade in intercooler etc??? What is are the differences between the 2 gens that make all those gains? When you get a gen 2 tuned all anyone talks about is upgrading parts to get those numbers. What are we missing here?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the stock gen3 gets +70hp and 100lb torque without any upgrade in intercooler etc??? What is are the differences between the 2 gens that make all those gains? When you get a gen 2 tuned all anyone talks about is upgrading parts to get those numbers. What are we missing here?
I don’t know that it got 70hp. From what I saw It was about 25. You don’t need any parts when you tune , will an IC help , yes. Needed , no. I ran 65,000 miles on a tune with nothing but a spark plug change.
All ford likely did was lean on the tune.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t say I know for sure, but I thought I read that the compression ratio was a bit higher for the gen 3

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I figured I'd post here about the findings on the dyno today with our new Gen 3.

No ethanol blends, just premium. Typical fall weather.

Fuel: 91oct
Weather: 85* in dyno room
Pull Gear: 5th

Gen 3
Stock HP - 382whp
Stock Torque - 517wtq

View attachment 325857

The torque down low is awesome, very very surprising! The truck almost feels like it has a mild tune on it over a Gen 2. What is nice about today is I was actually able to get a stock Gen 2 on immediately after; same fuel, same dyno, same day for comparison sake.

Gen 2
Stock HP - 355whp
Stock Torque - 404wtq

So the Gen 3 made 27whp more, and 113wtq over the Gen 2. Stock vs Stock. Now this particular Gen 2 in comparison ended up picking up a TON of power on pump 91oct, STOCK!! But that'll be in an upcoming Vlog! Here is the Gen 2 vs Gen 3 comparison Dyno chart

View attachment 325858

As always you guys feel free to ask any questions! And don't forget to follow/Like/Subscribe on Youtube please! I'll be posting this as well as other Gen 3 findings! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYS_MOkYJlcm9uqYgv3mHA
Hey @GooseTuned does Cobb’s new “project green speed” change anything with potentially tuning the Gen 3?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling the delay with getting Cobb support for the Gen 3 is because they’re waiting on approval to get a CA EO number for their ots tunes.