Going on a road trip, Dec. 26 - Jan 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't remember all the places to be honest. There was a small BBQ joint that was good, some Tapas place, another small place that was painted blue, and a few other random spots. I really can't remember at all. All I remember is that is was good and I tried to drink as many local beers as I could get my hands on.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's some good places around... Taqueria Del Sol is an all time favorite. I can eat at this place for days and never get sick of it. My favorite location is the one on Cheshire Bridge which is near Lenox Mall and Lindberg MARTA station. Taqueria's got its own bar but I'm underage so never ordered a drink there.

Another place to try is Antico Pizza another favorite. I like the San Genarro. This place is BYOB so you can load up with whatever you want. Lots of people bring wine to eat with their pizza.

Oh, almost forgot about this place... Hankook Taqueria. It's tacos with a Korean twist. Some have Korean BBQ or you can get bibimbap, lol. They also have some other stuff like sliders (I've never had it but people say they're good). DO NOT GET THE FIREDOG. It's not good at all. Personal favorite is the sesame fries and shrimp tacos. They're food is kind of greasy compared to the others but it's delicious.

The 3 places mentioned above aren't cheap but they aren't expensive either. I'd say Taqueria is about $10-18 a person and Antico is probably $15 per person. Hankook is probably $8-15 a person.

If you're willing to go on the expensive side, Bones is great. Delicious food and great service. Looking at $50-80 a person and valet.

Are you looking for expensive, moderate, or cheap? I could recommend some good southern cookin' if you come to Marietta.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swoop, like I was saying, the place I am referring to is wooded with a dirt drive off of 98 on the south side. If you are coming from the zoo direction, there is a slight curve in the highway before you get to the entrance to Lighthouse Point. The entrance is near there. Lots of small ponds and sand back there. I know someone owns the land but never found out who. Just know that there were jeeps and all kinds of ATVs there all summer. Looked like a lot of fun. And the Eglin ranges have tons of roads to get lost on. Took a Air Force 4x4 (F250) back there a few times. Around the Ranger Camp Rudder and the like. wish I was there to show you. Would be fun. Let me know of you find the area.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we were at Taqueria Del Sol. It was great. We were going to try Bones, but didn't really want to wait. I am not sure what we are going to be looking for at dinner. Really depends on when we get into town and decide to leave for Fl.

Great tips, thanks for the advice and recommendations.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Day is finally here. Leaving tomorrow (Dec 26) at 5 am with the Raptor. Will be my son's first trip across state lines. If all goes well will be in Atlanta for a late dinner and in Navarre, Tuesday for dinner. Will be hangin out down there for a few days before heading back to The Mit.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a trip. Funny I only saw one Raptor between MI an FL and that was in Chattanooga. Lots more looks at the truck on the trip. Raptors are not as rare around Detroit. Couple guys in KY had their heads in the wheel well checkin stuff out while I was getting gas. Averaged 14,5 mpgs. Could have gone from Detroit to TN on one tank. Boy I love this truck. Now if I could just find some areas where they let people romp around on the beach...

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In Columbia, TN. Saw another Raptor between Birmingham and Huntsville about 6:45 or 7:45... I don't remember cause I had half the clocks on central and the other half still on eastern