Probably should have researched more before buying a 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone needs to live a little. My tuned 18 can pop to 110 in a flash - doesn’t mean you stay at that speed or you drive like that at night, in fog, in a residential area. Lighten up, Francis

LOL, and this comments prove it. Sweet it can go that fast, My STI can go 160+ MPH doesn't mean I want to do it. However, I would suspect any Raptor go air born with anything over 140ish mphs.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 19 FPB and I did not have any issues before or after the TSB updates. If it makes you feel better, there was a thread on here for SVT registry and I believe there were 80-100k (can’t remember exact numbers) raptors made over the 4 years. Just imagine how many Raptors have been produced since then. There are what 1k FRF members? And out of those who are active? So less than 1% of raptor owners are on here. Plus everyone on here are auto enthusiast which can nitpick an seat with 2 bad stiches :p. So every problem you read is magnified by us or horror stories because we hit the forum and shout it out.

54Bravo

Reaction score
Good Evening Raptor experts,

Hello guys. I just purchased a 2019 Raptor in Velocity Blue with a certified warranty on it (kind of quells my fears). I have what I believe is a wastegate rattle so I did the thing no one should ever do and I googled it. Obviously the waste gate rattle appeared but also the multiple forums on the cam phasers. My truck doesn't exhibit the cam phaser symptoms or noises... right now.

My first question: How prevalent is the issue with the phasers? IE should I simply assume the phasers are going to fail or is it a less common issue than is portrayed?

My second concern: I have heard horror stories about the PCM flash that occurs with CSP 21B10, I know it is directly connected to the cam phaser warranty CSP 21N03 but has ford worked out the bugs yet or should I put it off until closer to the Dec 31st deadline (maybe another revision)?

I apologize for my first post involving so many questions, but the anxiety is a little high right now haha (nervous laugh).

I am coming from a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 with the manual. I absolutely love my Raptor, huge upgrade in space, power, and creature comforts just the 3.5 EcoBoost issues worry me.

V/R tooblueraptor19
congrats on the new Raptor. Blue is awesome. I also moved up from a 2008 Tacoma TRD Off Road to a 2017 and the upgrade was amazing. You will love it everyday even more...

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know which 19' build dates have the good phasers? My 19 runs like a clock no rattle. 33k.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine build in June 2019,good phasers,for the moment..........
19 000 miles,deep snow yesterday,lot of fun.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
LOL, and this comments prove it. Sweet it can go that fast, My STI can go 160+ MPH doesn't mean I want to do it. However, I would suspect any Raptor go air born with anything over 140ish mphs.
Bless your heart jam. What makes you think any Raptor “go airborne” at more than “140ish”?

Also, how do you know your sti can “go 160+ MPH”? Did you read it in a magazine? Run it on a dyno without wind resistance? If you haven’t done it yourself, then it just isn’t true. It’s just a guess. You may have a **** that only runs ~100mph.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bless your heart jam. What makes you think any Raptor “go airborne” at more than “140ish”?

Also, how do you know your sti can “go 160+ MPH”? Did you read it in a magazine? Run it on a dyno without wind resistance? If you haven’t done it yourself, then it just isn’t true. It’s just a guess. You may have a **** that only runs ~100mph.

The raptors speedometer reads up to 140 mph, the STI reads up to 180 mph. Just common sense would make me think that the Ford probably should not be driven to 140 and iirc the fuel cuts on it at 110 or so. The sti has a big ole rear wing on it and front ducting with large brembos to handle the speed. The raptor does not, while it posseses a powerful twin turbo motor, it is detuned a little to keep the truck safe. Otherwise, a lot of people would be crashing and hurting themselves.

One is meant for rally street use the other is meant for dirt mud all terrain. Two different purposes. While I do blow out the turbos time to time in order to remove carbon build up, im not smoking a 429 corvette in a raptor. That is what the sti is for.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptors speedometer reads up to 140 mph, the STI reads up to 180 mph. Just common sense would make me think that the Ford probably should not be driven to 140 and iirc the fuel cuts on it at 110 or so. The sti has a big ole rear wing on it and front ducting with large brembos to handle the speed. The raptor does not, while it posseses a powerful twin turbo motor, it is detuned a little to keep the truck safe. Otherwise, a lot of people would be crashing and hurting themselves.

One is meant for rally street use the other is meant for dirt mud all terrain. Two different purposes. While I do blow out the turbos time to time in order to remove carbon build up, im not smoking a 429 corvette in a raptor. That is what the sti is for.
So big wing, big breaks and big ducts let’s you go 160+? I guess…160 is pretty fast even if you do it quite a bit. I assume you are not stock because most cars in US cars cannot do 160 based on most speed limiters. Then again most speedos pare off by 3-5%