Probably should have researched more before buying a 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good Evening Raptor experts,

Hello guys. I just purchased a 2019 Raptor in Velocity Blue with a certified warranty on it (kind of quells my fears). I have what I believe is a wastegate rattle so I did the thing no one should ever do and I googled it. Obviously the waste gate rattle appeared but also the multiple forums on the cam phasers. My truck doesn't exhibit the cam phaser symptoms or noises... right now.

My first question: How prevalent is the issue with the phasers? IE should I simply assume the phasers are going to fail or is it a less common issue than is portrayed?

My second concern: I have heard horror stories about the PCM flash that occurs with CSP 21B10, I know it is directly connected to the cam phaser warranty CSP 21N03 but has ford worked out the bugs yet or should I put it off until closer to the Dec 31st deadline (maybe another revision)?

I apologize for my first post involving so many questions, but the anxiety is a little high right now haha (nervous laugh).

I am coming from a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 with the manual. I absolutely love my Raptor, huge upgrade in space, power, and creature comforts just the 3.5 EcoBoost issues worry me.

V/R tooblueraptor19

Attachments

• IMG_3990.jpg
    IMG_3990.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 93