Going on a road trip, Dec. 26 - Jan 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plans are finalized. Family and I are taking a driver from Detroit down to Navarre Florida (via Atlanta). Plan is to leave butt crack early on the 26th and drive to ATL, then travel to Navarre on the 27th. Leaving Florida on the 31st.

Anyone in ATL, or Florida want to meet up for coffee or a beer let me know.

I don't know how this is going to go, little man is only going to be 7 months old, so it might be a LOOOOONG ride.

Admins: Please move if this is not the correct spot

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, the drive from MI to Florida is killer but I have done it in 15 hours before. I didn't go through Atlanta (why are you going that way?) as I went across Michigan on 69 and then straight south on 65 till I got to Florida. I'm in Pensacola, which is less than an hour to Navarre. Not sure if you're interested in going off-road, but just East of Navarre is 400,000 undeveloped acres of land that you can get a pass to for $12 bucks.

You can use my pass (if it's still good) if you wanted. I'm not interested in taking mine off-road yet.

Regardless, let me know and we'll definitely meet up.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My aunt lives in ATL, so we want to show her the new kid (in person) and have a place to stay the night for free.

If I were not going to ATL, I would take the same route. May be take something different home.

Off-roading.... I am for sure interested but would want to keep is mild. Don't need to worry about fixing stuff knowing I have 1000 miles to drive home.

I think we will be spending a day in Pensacola. We really don't have any plans. Still hashing that stuff out. i post more details as the time gets closer.

I was watching a show last night on Nat Geo or something. Gator hunting (or fishing) looks like fun. I might have to plan a trip for that some time

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man let me know what you're interested in and I'll get some info for you.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you going in Navarre. I have a house in Lighthouse Pointe off of 98 between the zoo and 87. Love the area. And the Eglin ranges are awesome. I think that is where swoop is taling about. Tons of places to get lost. Take your GPS for sure. Coming from the zoo toward Navarre right before the turn in to Lighthouse Point, there was a great area with water and lots of sand on the south side of 98. Trucks in there all the time. looked really fun. Be careful on the trip and have fun. Damn I miss that area.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in Atlanta but not sure if I'll be free that week. There's some trails up north past Dahlonega called Beasley Knob. Jason (trailbreaker on the CHO) and Josh (JoshuaL also on the CHO) and I all went a couple times to meet up. The second time wasn't a pleasant experience for me, you might've read about that. Some intermediate trails but others are extremely difficult. I'm never going back there again though.

I'll let you know if I'm free. We got nothing in Atlanta just Coca-Cola and an overrated aquarium.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We spent a week with my aunt in ATL last spring. I enjoyed it. I really just enjoyed the food / beer.

If I had the Hummer, I would be all for the hard stuff. I don't think we will be in Atlanta long enough to do some wheeling there.