Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt the extra heat from the engine reduce the life of the shock?
Probably but it's the best i can do right now. Once the shocks get tuned i'll change the routing of the rez and make it so it can be mounted elsewhere.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to who lol? You tell everyone their “opinion doesn’t matter”, and yet every post you’re throwing out your opinion as if it’s a fact. @GordoJay and I explained why your statement was inaccurate and not at all practical, but you continue to argue against the facts because you don’t understand them.

You claim to be so familiar but you didn’t even know what his job was.
Can you ever just admit you were incorrect and move on? You insist on dragging every thread through the mud with your excuses and speculation.

No, I’m simply posting the facts about the engine in question instead pretending it was intended for something other than what it’s exclusively used for, HD truck/bus/van applications.

You said you’re doing the swap, we’ll hold you to it. Be sure to post pics to document the progress.
No..I can't, and neither can you. You claimed he wasn't in charge of FP... but apparently he was..

I only became familiar with him from the 7.3L.. you act like you know him personally? Maybe you do, i don't care..Evan Smith has done many videos with Wolfe and he is spearheading performance development thru his company.. many dyno sessions, a very fast mustang and trying different parts..

No one is pretending anything. The engine is well suited for a variety of applications.. not just HD truck use. And it's already proven itself to everyone but you

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So say someone does buy a crate 7.3. How do you prime to oil for the first fire up? I saw on one video that on for another ford engine, maybe coyote, that they removed the oil pressure sensor, made up a pressure tank with the correct fitting, and primed the oil system that way. I assume you would do something similar?

I think I heard in that video that ford’s direction was to pulll the spark plugs and crank it for 10 seconds on some interval for a bit and that was considered safe.

Thoughts?

It's going to be really the only way to prime it without buying some contraption to plug into an oil galley..

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meaning the sequence of crank for 10 seconds, wait an amount of time, crank for 10 seconds, etc?
Just crank until oil pressure shows up on gauge.. hopefully there is enough assembly lube on key parts, but oil pressure should pop within 10-20 seconds of cranking in my experience

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This discussion reminded me why I have FTO on ignore. He's simply a troll that needs to be banned. He brings nothing to the table in technical discussions, derails discussions, flat out lies, and drives away new members.

If my 6.2L dies, I will be swapping with a 7.3 Godzilla and a 10R80 transmission. No debates on what engine is best. It's my money and its what I want.

People like FTO would be better off if he realized that sometimes, people do what they want with their money and what works best for them. Now if FTO paid for my engine swap, themmaybe I'll listen to his opinion on the matter.