Getting Samsung S5 next week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not Sync's fault altogether, it was the last Android OS rollout to 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 (Kit Kat) depends on the phone that disabled the text feature to Sync.
Well at least for me! It worked great for 3 1/2 years until this past spring.

Now I understand that when an OS rolls out, it's up to companies (Ford) to check their software to see if they need to update their data base.
And make the appropriate updates and distribute them in a timely fashion!!!!!!

I started with calling Verizon, of course I'm getting the blame game!!!
Called Motorola Tech support. Blame game!!!
Called Ford Sync, Blame game to!!!! (it's phone depended).

Probably won't get anywhere because it cost money to update data bases (Candidate List). LOL

So if you want text working it's up to you to spend the money to buy a new phone that Ford says is tested and working. Yeah Right. LOL

Here's the Link to the candidate list: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-navigation

Note: the Samsug S5 it not listed, probably too new.

All in all, I do blame Google for ******** this up on my phone!!!

Last edited:

Tonka

Reaction score
S5 works great with Sync, the text message notifications do not work with in group texts and Sync will notify you of these. Only problem I seem to have with my S5 and sync is everytime I want to use it as my media device it has to reconnect everytime I try to switch to this option.