Gen2 Discussion for Gen1 Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I honestly love the new looks of the truck. I'm one of the few who actually like the tail gate as well. I don't mind the V6. Sure the sound sucks, but the motor is a workhorse and will be putting down more power than our V8's do in short order.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over again knowing what I know now, I don't know if I would buy a Raptor. I know that's crazy talk, but I've honestly replaced most of what makes a Raptor a Raptor on my truck and I plan to replace the rest of it.

As of right now I have no plans to buy the new one. I have no plans to buy a new F150 in the next few years either. IF, and that's a big IF, I did, I would buy a base F150 (yes, with a 5.0 V8) and build it into something comparable. I've beat the **** out of a $55k truck once, why do it again when I can get the same enjoyment out of beating the **** out of a $28k one?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I honestly love the new looks of the truck. I'm one of the few who actually like the tail gate as well. I don't mind the V6. Sure the sound sucks, but the motor is a workhorse and will be putting down more power than our V8's do in short order.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over again knowing what I know now, I don't know if I would buy a Raptor. I know that's crazy talk, but I've honestly replaced most of what makes a Raptor a Raptor on my truck and I plan to replace the rest of it.

As of right now I have no plans to buy the new one. I have no plans to buy a new F150 in the next few years either. IF, and that's a big IF, I did, I would buy a base F150 (yes, with a 5.0 V8) and build it into something comparable. I've beat the **** out of a $55k truck once, why do it again when I can get the same enjoyment out of beating the **** out of a $28k one?

This is too true. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer a V8, but the power the V6TT will make after a tune is going to be insane.

I agree about the base F150 and mod the shit out of it. My gen 1 Raptor was great, but the amount of money I put into it, I could have had an even better setup on a base 5.0L F150.

Status
Not open for further replies.