Gen2 Discussion for Gen1 Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but gen2 just doesn't have that shock and awe for me anymore. It may perform well and possibly even survive in the desert (although I doubt it long term) but it's just not a beast anymore. I will preface this with, I may still own one someday but I'm just not going to pay new prices for it. I guess I had a lot higher hopes on the looks side but my initial impression since last January hasn't changed...still meh. GL to those who are excited to add one to their stable! Now if they decide to throw some sort of 600 hp v8 in there, I may reconsider lol!

Gen 2 might have better tech, it may even be a superior off roader. But from a pure beauty point of view it just does not hold up to the Gen 1 truck. It lacks presence for lack of a better word. It's sad but true, sometimes the momma is better lookin than the daughter.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 might have better tech, it may even be a superior off roader. But from a pure beauty point of view it just does not hold up to the Gen 1 truck. It lacks presence for lack of a better word. It's sad but true, sometimes the momma is better lookin than the daughter.

They also gain weight as they age...:lol2:

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing how Ford is selling a 700HP 5.0 V8 Roush edition, I can't see them not putting this engine in a Raptor that'll cost around $75,000.

They'll probably call it the Roush Raptor

Gilligan

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

How does this troll ******** not get moved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. It's blatantly obvious the same little group of people are doing all of the gen2 trolling but nothing is done about it. Well other than forcing long time members to **** and deal with it.

It would be one thing if there were serious people wanting to have discussions about the new truck and they were getting pushed away but that's not the case. The divide between gen1 and future gen2 owners are the trolls on this forum and nothing more. A lot of good members have already left this forum and given my current feelings I'd bet a lot more aren't far off from following because of this ********. I just don't see how us accepting the gen2 trolls is somehow laying down a welcome mat to the actual gen2 buyers-- who would want to be associated with the current group of gen2 'supporters'?

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my coment was derected to the trolls

If we don't welcome the new Gen2 this forum will die but I'll never welcome a troll. Yes they can realize they where being stupid but there are a few that just keep coming back. I do think it's time to hold true on your warning and boot the trolls off until the actual truck the elusive f150 ford performance raptor arives. so mod's @BIRDMAN @KaiserM715 it's time to do some ass kicking. I realy like this forum I spend way too much time here well in the winter, I do not want to see this forum fade away it's a family and people we are adopting in the jen2 let's do this...

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

PS the broken record has to stop it's getting on my nerves to, it plays I just can't get over the look I like mine better, The new one is so much better etc. etc. both GEN1 and GEN2 people. If the radio played your favorite song over and over all day you'd shut it off.

sound's like some a bunch of asses trying to permote ethanol not just one!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do think it's time to hold true on your warning and boot the trolls off until the actual truck the elusive f150 ford performance raptor arives. so mod's @BIRDMAN @KaiserM715 it's time to do some ass kicking.

Its not just a few Gen 2 trolls that are bringing the discussion down as a whole. For example look at Ruby's "Gen 1's Rock!!!" thread, it started out great with good pictures and mini stories of why you guys enjoy your Raptors but then guess what? Not 4 hours into it it took a "dark turn" into bashing the Gen 2 and its supporters. The thread had nothing to do with Gen 2 but someone took it there and it wasnt a Gen 2 supporter or troll.

When every single thread in the Gen 2 area turns into "electrical gremlins har har" "cant even do one lap har har" "I hate the Gen 2 har har" "mall crawler har har" "baja mode wuts that har har" "ecoturd har har" everything gets old real quick and ya'll wonder why trolls come around to say stupid shit back. Its not hard to recognize Randy M/Rated R is saying stupid shit JUST TO SAY STUPID SHIT to get under your skin. If you really think he is serious you need to take a break from the internet for a bit.

Both sides are making constant stupid and repetitive comments just to annoy the other side. Like Birdman said, be the bigger person and move on. There is no need to reply or even acknowledge someone just trying to get under your skin and that goes for both sides.

If the mods lay the hammer down and do so fairly there are some old school Gen 1 guys that are just as bad as some of the Gen 2 supporters and trolls.

And yes, FRF is chock full of sarcasm but there is a point where it goes too far on a regular basis from a couple members on both sides. Its not funny or creative after the same comments have been repeated 600 times.

Stop being a link in the ******** chain and the ******** will eventually stop. :slap:

:hidesbehindsofa:

Status
Not open for further replies.