Gen 3 self driving hacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirm - exact same thing.
Something I just thought of.... when we have to pass the Prius on the right because the pompous ***** wont get over does it still hug the middle dashes or is it still going right?
now I have to test it

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I read "hack" in the title I was expecting something useful to get rid of the constant nanny alarm. Instead I got "use your hand on the steering wheel to steer a little which prevents the alarm from kicking in." So basically, manually drive your truck to use automatic driving-mode, got it.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l can hold pressure on either side and she works great. She only gets a little funny on exit ramps or wide intersections where the line on one side disappears. Because it is not 100% self driving I normally tighten my grip when passing oncoming cars. When overtaking another vehicle, using the turn signal to change lanes briefly cancels lane centering so it won't fight you to cross the line.

As to her favoring one side over the other, at first I felt the same, I thought she favored and hugged the center line. I think this may be me and not her bearing in mind I am actually driving a vehicle that is 6-8 inches wider than most other trucks. I have checked the tracks behind me when it's wet out and she is dead center.

My only concern is the pitiful warning when she can't figure out where to point. My rural drive transitions from having a nice solid white line on the right to ...NONE and the road narrows quite a bit. By the time that little bong noise sounds we would be in the ditch and it's late and not much of an alert. Me thinks if I can see 50' down the road and see that the line goes away she should be able to as well.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally tried out the cruise control with lane assist turned on for a good bit on a less crowded toll road today. I found that it works great if you keep your left hand on the wheel and apply slight pressure to steer toward the left. The nanny that tells you to put your hands on the wheel didn't come on and it's fairly comfortable.

One thing I don't like, though keeping a little left pressure on the wheel helps, is the way it seems to want to steer slightly right toward cars that I am passing. Not out of the lane but seems like it's hugging the white stripes more than I like on the passenger side when passing. No idea what that's about. Maybe it's my natural tendency to give a wide berth to cars i am passing and it just feels weird.

Has anyone else experienced that?

Overall though, it's heads and shoulders above the unusable setup in the Gen 2.
Is cruise control and lane keeping combined not considered blue cruise?

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score
Mine wants to hug the right side of the lane also, which is kinda annoying TBH. Unless the lines on the road are perfectly visible, it seems to want to wander whether a car is around or not.