Gen 3 Brake Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but is there a simple way to explain why there are no BBK upgrades that can be installed on the rears for the gen3? Some vendors quote the electronic brake, but I believe late year gen2 had the electronic brake, and rear kits were still available.
There have been issues with front brake upgrades causing DTCs to set in the EBB due to the additional fluid volume of the larger multi-piston calipers. I suspect they may be encountering the same issues with the rear, in addition to the electric parking brake challenges.

BigTaco

Reaction score
There have been issues with front brake upgrades causing DTCs to set in the EBB due to the additional fluid volume of the larger multi-piston calipers. I suspect they may be encountering the same issues with the rear, in addition to the electric parking brake challenges.
Not Alcon, right?

flockofraptors

Reaction score
The R guys are talking about the same thing with pictures of Wilwoods on gen3s

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flock - Can you point me to the brembo kit for the gen 3? when I was looking, the only thing I could find was the wilwood kit.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
FWIW, the Gen 3 brakes are much better than than Gen 2. When I first got it, it was like I was slamming on the brakes every time.

No idea on fade, but at least it no longer feels like your mashing a wet sponge.