Gen 3 Brake Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any news on brake upgrades on the new trucks especially in light of the larger, heavier 37” tires being available?

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope they've improved the braking overall regardless of tire size. I don't recall them mentioning anything about brakes on anything I read or saw.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly why I asked.

IMO the current trucks could benefit with better braking, it will be even more apparent with 37’s.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brakes have never been a Ford strong point. Part of the problem is all the media cares about is 0 - 60 times. They never talk about 60 - 0 times. If they would, the manufactures would pay more attention to brakes, which while not as fun, is really more important.
They could start by offering stainless steel brake lines, maybe they will on the new Raptor R. The aftermarket will be all over this soon enough if Ford doesn't first.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brakes have never been a Ford strong point. Part of the problem is all the media cares about is 0 - 60 times. They never talk about 60 - 0 times. If they would, the manufactures would pay more attention to brakes, which while not as fun, is really more important.

I wouldn't say this is a media problem. If people were concerned about it, then the media would talk about it. And I have little doubt that much more after market dollars are spent on increasing HP over braking power.

We used to hear a lot more about auto safety in general though, that's for sure. The industry responded with ABS, airbags, etc. No, people are more excited about getting vehicles without doors than how safe the doors are.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say this is a media problem.
People are usually concerned about what the media is concerned about. If the media had said nothing about climate change who among us would even be giving it a thought? People put up with crappy brakes because they think that is the best there is. My guess is 90% of Raptor owners think their brakes are OK. Not until someone brings up that you can upgrade and they work a whole lot better do you get motivated to spend the money. Very honestly, even though FRF is not really "media" or "Press", if I hadn't seen it on here I would never have upgraded. But I sure am glad I did.