Gen 2 towing a 7k lb travel trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I “w’d” (flattened) my rear springs with a 9400# boat and 800-900 pound tongue. Lost 2” of rear height. Now have Deaver +3HD, rides just as smooth and only squats 1/2” with 500# in the back. Will test this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI, I “w’d” (flattened) my rear springs with a 9400# boat and 800-900 pound tongue. Lost 2” of rear height. Now have Deaver +3HD, rides just as smooth and only squats 1/2” with 500# in the back. Will test this weekend.

why does ford use such ****** springs!!!!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why does ford use such ****** springs!!!!

I guess the same reason the Raptor and 2.7L share the same intercooler. It was good enough for the bean counters and engineers to agree, or not- we know who calls the shots. For as much as they charged could’ve worked with Deaver and done a little better than painted plastic interior, using a Porsche SUV as a reference.

Brandin10

Reaction score

Do you need bump stops with Deavers? I carry 500lb tool box around daily and want to get a set of HD’s

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need bump stops with Deavers? I carry 500lb tool box around daily and want to get a set of HD’s

Not needed. SDHQ makes a plate for the Deavers that uses the factory bump stops. No way needed for 500#.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks great! Thanks for posting the picture...

How much did it cost you for the full setup?

I got a really good deal as part of a package but I’m gonna guess $1600 installed for Deaver +3HD. It’ll still be a raptor and require absolutely no other mods or swaps when changing roles.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a really good deal as part of a package but I’m gonna guess $1600 installed for Deaver +3HD. It’ll still be a raptor and require absolutely no other mods or swaps when changing roles.

Sorry, I was asking about the cost of the removable shock option TheiSwan posted. The picture shows a Raptor without Deaver +3s, unless he had them added at a later time.