Gen 2 towing a 7k lb travel trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed a 2900 lb evo on one of those uhaul flat car trailers 340 miles last weekend and it did awesome. The truck squatted a bit but that was expected. Power and brakes were awesome though and the truck did not disappoint. No special hitch or anything. Empty trailer weight was 2190 lbs.

k_kowboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wonder how my 10k boat will tow. I have been dreading the day... I did put on bump stops but still concerned.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seen earlier on the post someone is using 39-40 PSI while towing. Is this what is recommended for towing?

I'm going to start towing a car and trailer that will weigh a combined 6100lbs. I will have a WDH on the setup and will be doing some long hauls with it. I currently run 38PSI for normal driving application.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
flea-sly,
The max load the tires are rated for and the pressure for those loads are on the side of the tire. I generally run my tires around 40 front and 38 rear when unloaded. Fully loaded 44 all around. Your max tow ratings are based with the tires properly inflated. Towing 6100# I would make sure the tires are at the recommended pressure; it's easy to let the excess air out after the tow....
Eddie

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flea-sly,
The max load the tires are rated for and the pressure for those loads are on the side of the tire. I generally run my tires around 40 front and 38 rear when unloaded. Fully loaded 44 all around. Your max tow ratings are based with the tires properly inflated. Towing 6100# I would make sure the tires are at the recommended pressure; it's easy to let the excess air out after the tow....
Eddie

Thank you!

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on a reese straight line wdh and sway control in one much better than crappy bolt on sway control.also took me 2 hrs to set hitch to trailer the way reese wants it.very god,compared to what dealer set up for towing.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put on a reese straight line wdh and sway control in one much better than crappy bolt on sway control.also took me 2 hrs to set hitch to trailer the way reese wants it.very god,compared to what dealer set up for towing.

From what I have been reading, you need to put the trailer and truck on a level surface to adjust it correctly. Do you need to have the vehicle on the trailer during setup? I'm assuming yes, so you know how much tongue weight on the truck. Can it be setup without anything on the trailer?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m pulling 7600 lb trailer, 950lb tongue weight. It’s pulling pretty well,

Looks like close to 30ft of trailer....no sway issues?....I might be towing a 29ft A/Stream in the near future, already ran it around town with no issues, but haven't run it up to freeway speeds yet..
Thanks