Gen 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aviator150

Reaction score
I wish I didn't have the roof but it is what it is, got a deal on the truck so I'm happy about that part.

That. Every Rappy on the lot when I bought mine had the 802a and dual panel roof. They were offering great deals and it was "just what we have". The second I mentioned them finding one elsewhere, the price went back up 10K. They were liquidating inventory during the height of the lockdown.

I live in a blast furnace, and I am sure the glass (even with the sliding curtain closed) heats the truck up more than a flat black painted roof would. It's only cool enough here to actually open the roof (including curtain) about four months a year. Can you say "greenhouse".

Oh well, first world problems.

Typr04

Reaction score
Tint the moonroof. Works well to keep it cooler. I also tinted my windshield as well. Love it.

That. Every Rappy on the lot when I bought mine had the 802a and dual panel roof. They were offering great deals and it was "just what we have". The second I mentioned them finding one elsewhere, the price went back up 10K. They were liquidating inventory during the height of the lockdown.

I live in a blast furnace, and I am sure the glass (even with the sliding curtain closed) heats the truck up more than a flat black painted roof would. It's only cool enough here to actually open the roof (including curtain) about four months a year. Can you say "greenhouse".

Oh well, first world problems.

Aviator150

Reaction score
Tint the moonroof. Works well to keep it cooler. I also tinted my windshield as well. Love it.

Window tint place says they won't warranty the moonroof though. Says it generates too much heat and might shatter glass. Any experience here folks?

Last edited:

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
I bought a 2018 crew 801A with moon roof , front lock diff, tailgate step,
Remote start , I forget what other options sticker was just under 60,000
I love the leather interior

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I guess I consider the 800a bare bones but...

RAPTOR EXTERIOR GRAPHICS PKG 1,075.00
RAPTOR HOOD GRAPHICS PACKAGE 900.00
REMOTE START SYSTEM 195.00
17" FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS 1,895.00

Personal preference, but that seems like a lot of features ($4065) I wouldn't want if going for the lower cost truck (I'm a bit biased as prefer no graphics though).

If it were me I'd either do an 800A (save the $4000) or 801A with no options (about the same price as the 800A). Personally would get torsen diff on either and navigation if getting 801A (but again, personal preferences).

The option configurations on these things suck and are engineered to make everyone just pony up for the 802A (which I did and I think 80-90% trucks have). My truck has a lot of options I don't really want but plenty that I did.

I've found autotrader.com to be very useful for searching. You can search for F-150 with Raptor trim and 800A or 801A in the search box and typically find some.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personal preference, but that seems like a lot of features ($4065) I wouldn't want if going for the lower cost truck ...

Those features all together are worth $195 on a stripped down, cheap as you can go truck. 801A and a torsen are worth far more for about the same money.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new preference when it comes to buying new vehicles is to get it fully loaded. I've learned my lesson while owning and reselling. Otherwise you'll regret on missed out features and resell value. Of course budget is everything but I am never buying a base vehicle again

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personal preference, but that seems like a lot of features ($4065) I wouldn't want if going for the lower cost truck (I'm a bit biased as prefer no graphics though).

If it were me I'd either do an 800A (save the $4000) or 801A with no options (about the same price as the 800A). Personally would get torsen diff on either and navigation if getting 801A (but again, personal preferences).

The option configurations on these things suck and are engineered to make everyone just pony up for the 802A (which I did and I think 80-90% trucks have). My truck has a lot of options I don't really want but plenty that I did.

I've found autotrader.com to be very useful for searching. You can search for F-150 with Raptor trim and 800A or 801A in the search box and typically find some.

Yeah, but who wants cloth seats and a small XLT like display screen when buying a Raptor, honestly when it comes to trading them in or selling them that would be a major turn off. IMO

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but who wants cloth seats and a small XLT like display screen when buying a Raptor, honestly when it comes to trading them in or selling them that would be a major turn off. IMO
I want cloth seats. I had them in my 2017.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran into this when hunting for a SCAB. I absolutely wanted the leather seats, larger screen and the 360 cameras. Ended up just getting a fully loaded 802a with everything but the graphics, carbon fiber or colored seats from a member here. Couldn’t be happier and know it’ll be more attractive if I ever want to sell it. I’m not intending to though.