Gen 2: Is the V6 right for the Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the Ranger also took some of the market. Slap some flairs on they and pretend it's a raptor ranger.

Nobody is cross-shopping a ranger w/ a Raptor. A prospective Ranger buyer may cross shop a 2.7 EB F150 or a V6 Chevy 1500 4x4 or a Colorado - but def not a Raptor. It’s nearly as far off as a potential F350 buyer being like, wait a minute let me take a quick look @ this Ranger real quick lol

I could see maybe if you’re considering using it strictly as an off-road vehicle for fun/work then maybe you could argue the smaller platform could be a bit more nimble & able to get through tighter trails + saving a lot on the initial purchase w/ $$$ left over for mods- but there are much better options out there in same price/size range from the Tacoma TRD to the Colorado ZR2 & Wrangler variants & bronco etc.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I inquired about a 2019 supercab PB online. The Dealer has been leaving voicemails every day for 3 + weeks. Truck is still currently on lot since july 4th weekend . Tells me Deals are to be had . I watched a show on NBC proving ground Sunday and they tested a Hennessy V8 Gen2 and it ripped up the Track . The V6 they limited your HP potential . Without dropping major coin The V6 It will never match a 5.0 with a $8000 dollar Whipple. V8 for me please.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't see the V6/V8 argument having that big of an impact on sales 3 years after the Gen 2 is released. Are people suddenly realizing the like V8 over V6? More likely it's due to increased supply, along with the fact that the model hasn't really changed much while Ram and Chevy have redesigned their models. Seriously, put a 10" screen in there plus some minor exterior tweaks (enough to be clearly distinguishable from Gen 2) and sales will go up.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody is cross-shopping a ranger w/ a Raptor. A prospective Ranger buyer may cross shop a 2.7 EB F150 .... It’s nearly as far off as a potential F350 buyer being like, wait a minute let me take a quick look @ this Ranger real quick lol

Now that's funny!

I must be an outlier as I cross-shopped a Ranger Screw and Raptor Scab.
Both had to be ordered at that time. If the Ranger Raptor was available, I would not have been on this site today. I made the better choice and love my SCAB.

Raptor93

Reaction score
Can we add Cam phasers to the topic?... Sure my 17 went into the dealer a few weeks back because of the engine check light. Code P0022... The services manager indicated that Ford is supposed to have a fix 4th quarter this year.....

I just got the same code, what did service say the issue/reasoning for the code was? Is it related to the cam phaser problems?

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FRF is so much better than fr2... much more activity here. Plus the TT V6 Rocks, even after I’ve experienced the cam phaser situation, I think this is an incredible piece of engineering.