Gen 2 add-a-leaf an option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
What about running stock f150 rear springs. I read that they were the same spring packs minus one leaf. If that is the case we might even be able to find the packs out of a lower payload truck to give a slight increase instead if going to the max tow package springs with the real high payload.

Just thinking this might be an alternative to Deavers though I am assuming not as good of an option.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes but that wouldn't be the ideal solution. Wheel hop and axle wrap will be increased and they are already quite bad with the stock blocks.
So when ford alerted the mounting of one shock to be opposite of one another to help with axle hop, it didn't work?

What about Atlas? They made spring packs for the Gen 1 that were good and considerably less expensive than Deaver.

And for those who said Deaver would replace a saggy spring pack should know that they probably WON'T replace it. They would offer to re-arch the spring pack. Shipping would be on your dime.

Personally for the OP, I would go with the add a leaf option at a local spring shop. It will save you $1000 and if ever there a problem, you have a local person to work with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just add a secondary main leaf

Personally for the OP, I would go with the add a leaf option at a local spring shop. It will save you $1000 and if ever there a problem, you have a local person to work with.

Thanks guys, I looked into this. Called a local suspension shop and they said they could rearch stock springs which in itself supposedly restores ride height. They said they can also add a leaf and quoted me $700 for the whole job.

Seems reasonable and this is the way I am going. With the 1.5" gain in the front (RPG collars), and roughly the same gain in the back, I'd be very happy all said and done. Will post pics when done.

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when ford alerted the mounting of one shock to be opposite of one another to help with axle hop, it didn't work?

What about Atlas? They made spring packs for the Gen 1 that were good and considerably less expensive than Deaver.

And for those who said Deaver would replace a saggy spring pack should know that they probably WON'T replace it. They would offer to re-arch the spring pack. Shipping would be on your dime.

I don’t know how bad it is for gen1s but it’s really bad for stock gen2s

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I got this done. Had my local suspension shop add a leaf and rearch the springs. Cannot speak to ride quality yet I need to put miles first but as far as stance I'm happy with results so far.

Photo below. Both before and after were taken after 1.5 inch RPG collars already went in the front. 5b9f9485935bf9b1b7ca23417fd8291f.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok guys I got this done. Had my local suspension shop add a leaf and rearch the springs. Cannot speak to ride quality yet I need to put miles first but as far as stance I'm happy with results so far.

Photo below. Both before and after were taken after 1.5 inch RPG collars already went in the front. 5b9f9485935bf9b1b7ca23417fd8291f.jpg
Nice!
I bet you had to adjust your seat's upright position. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk