Gen 2 add-a-leaf an option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Towing a 5k trailer all summer has made my rear springs settle quite a bit. I have the RPG 1.5" collars in the front and with the settled rear, my truck is about .75" nose high. It bothers me.

Is an add-a-leaf kit an option for the Raptor? I know they have them for regular F150s. I wheel only 4-5 times a year, so willing to take the downsides of an add-a-leaf or similar setup. Will also take any increased firmness in rear suspension.

Thanks for your thoughts,

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Towing a 5k trailer all summer has made my rear springs settle quite a bit. I have the RPG 1.5" collars in the front and with the settled rear, my truck is about .75" nose high. It bothers me.

Is an add-a-leaf kit an option for the Raptor? I know they have them for regular F150s. I wheel only 4-5 times a year, so willing to take the downsides of an add-a-leaf or similar setup. Will also take any increased firmness in rear suspension.

Thanks for your thoughts,

if it has sagged that much, the spring pack is most likely compromised.

I recently got deavers for my truck. Huge improvement over stock. If it were me, I'd buy a set to replace the sagging leafs.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it has sagged that much, the spring pack is most likely compromised.

I recently got deavers for my truck. Huge improvement over stock. If it were me, I'd buy a set to replace the sagging leafs.
Thanks for your thoughts. Trucks tows, drives on pavement and offroads fine. I have no reason to believe springs are compromised. And looking at photos of the truck from the day I took delivery, it doesn't show too much rake to begin with. I think mine came from factory with less rake than typical.

I'm not looking for a performance upgrade, just want my rake back after rpgcollar in front.

What about a simple 2" axle block? Unsafe? Too ghetto?

There will be no desert jumping in this truck (boston / north east area) but plenty of towing and occasional rock crawling.

https://www.realtruck.com/rear-block-kits/ford/raptor/2017/

Last edited:

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck already has a 2" block in the back stock. That is why folks are moving to deavers to remove the block and get better performance.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck already has a 2" block in the back stock. That is why folks are moving to deavers to remove the block and get better performance.

ah, I see. I was curious if it had stock blocks. Would you then be able to replace the stock block with a 3" or 4" block? Does that involve cutting/welding?

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just add a secondary main leaf will cost about $400 all said and done and a spring shop will help keep rear planted and prevent wheel hop and increase load capacity ... .449 thickness as close to the front eye let and about 2 inches from rear eyelet..make it the 1s leaf down from the top leaf so the new one is now your second leaf.... boom your done

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5a5907d54bd38bbbd8cd7a2906f65441.jpg803649edf85976248f93a60e4ee856f8.jpg

I noticed my stock leafs look like this after 18k road miles and pulling a 60” Snap-On tool box for 1k miles on a trailer.

I think thy are compromised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. Trucks tows, drives on pavement and offroads fine. I have no reason to believe springs are compromised. And looking at photos of the truck from the day I took delivery, it doesn't show too much rake to begin with. I think mine came from factory with less rake than typical.

I'm not looking for a performance upgrade, just want my rake back after rpgcollar in front.

What about a simple 2" axle block? Unsafe? Too ghetto?

There will be no desert jumping in this truck (boston / north east area) but plenty of towing and occasional rock crawling.

https://www.realtruck.com/rear-block-kits/ford/raptor/2017/

i wasnt speaking in terms of the deavers for anything else but perhaps additional load carrying capacity. If you bought deavers and they sagged like that, deaver would replace them.

My truck drives worlds better unloaded. It drives lightyears better hauling a trailer now.

unless youre towing a bulldozer around, there is no way your leaf springs should be sagging already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts