Gen 2 add-a-leaf an option?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by xxaarraa, Oct 14, 2017.

1. BADASSRAPTOR

BADASSRAPTOR Member

Good idea. Pls keep us posted . Re suggested parts to be used and costs (parts , Labour etc)

I personally not really keen on spending $1350 on new (even though great and improved) rear leaf springs if there’s a $200-300 option which I’m sure will suffice for my purposes.
    And additional bump stops (estimating at $800-1200) on top ( if using Deavers/Icons)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jakeO

jakeO Full Access Member

Yes Please give us more Info or even the shops number so we can call them. I tow a 24' boat all summer and the stock setup is not a fan of the load.

3. TXRaptor

TXRaptor Full Access Member

Just pointing out this thread is over a year old. I am not saying he will not reply, but ... ;)

4. xxaarraa

xxaarraa Full Access Member

Yeah, still very happy with the added leaf. Now at 40k miles and ride quality has been the same as stock, which is to say, excellent. For under $1k, I am very happy with this solution. I got it done at a suspension shop in Boston. Adding a leaf if pretty easy work, so any reputable truck suspension shop should be able to do it for you in your area.

My front was just a sliver higher than my rear before adding a leaf. I didn't have as much rake from factory and towing made my rear sag further causing me to be slightly nose high when I added the RPG collars to the front.

weezy likes this.