Gen 1 Deadspot/Falling on its face under heavy acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you have a good point there, does it do it running the stock tune?
I have not taken my diablo tube off and ran it stock. I didn’t even think of that because I’ve had this same tune installed for over three years so I kinda forgot it was there. I will do that experiment tonight and see. As far as data logging and support from diablo, it’s minimal to none with my experience with them.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not taken my diablo tube off and ran it stock. I didn’t even think of that because I’ve had this same tune installed for over three years so I kinda forgot it was there. I will do that experiment tonight and see. As far as data logging and support from diablo, it’s minimal to none with my experience with them.
If you can, take a video of your gauges if it continues to happen.
I agree that, weird as it is, it sounds possibly tune related.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just to make sure its not something there, I would return to stock and take it for a rip. Its a simple fix if thats the case.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can pick up an ELM327 module off of amazon for $10, torque pro is $5. Log whats going on pay specific attention to fuel pressure, $15 for lifetime diagnostics of any modern ford vehicle is a deal. Post here if you need help with PID's.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pick up an ELM327 module off of amazon for $10, torque pro is $5. Log whats going on pay specific attention to fuel pressure, $15 for lifetime diagnostics of any modern ford vehicle is a deal. Post here if you need help with PID's.
Are these two things going to interfere with my diablo tune installed? Do I need to return to stock before using these? And is this module the “forescan” that everyone talks about to where you can adjust certain things?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will not interfere with the tune, no need to return to stock. Forscan will allow you to make BCM adjustments.