Gen 1 Deadspot/Falling on its face under heavy acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think any of the nannies are kicking in, you could add those PIDs to the logging to know for sure.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never have any lights come on whatsoever. It never breaks loose or anything. My truck isn’t supercharged and it’s simply just when I get on the freeway fast or put the engine down to make power. I’ll see if my diablo programmer can log and check to see what comes up.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could be bouncing off the rev limiter, I don't know what Diablo has it set at but stock is 5,800

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could be bouncing of the rev limiter, I don't know what Diablo has it set at but stock is 5,800
No it’s not anything close to the rev limiter. So far I’ve checked fuse 27 (which I’ve relocated) unplugged the gas pedal, ran a tank of seafoam and nothing so far. I may do spark plug wires in the coming weeks to see if that changes anything.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That updated Tune Ford released only added a line of code to prevent the tranny from downshifting into first at speed.
No other modification was done.
Didn't help much, if the leadframe is ***** it's going to happen anyway apparently.