GBrown 1867 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the side and rear plates going to be welded on or 1/4 turn fasteners? Looks great! did you decide what you are going to do with color yet?
All the sheet metal will be held in with fasteners so we can service the truck when needed. I am going to paint it orange again and then get it wrapped like the rest of the RE trucks.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I no longer have a rear bench seat I had to move all the stereo components to the back wall. Once the truck is a roller it is going to Gold Star Audio in Santa Ana to have a custom sub box made for the center section behind the center seat. Noah did the original install but due to logistics I had to have some one else do it down south. The owner PR is a really nice guy and they do great work at very reasonable price. Another option for for So Cal guys.
yqa5a8u3.jpg
a7a8ube5.jpg

You can see in one of the picture I am using a SPOD for all my additional switches. They are a bit pricey but well worth it for how clean they make the wiring and giving me the ability to run 6 additional switched circuits.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Are the side and rear plates going to be welded on or 1/4 turn fasteners? Looks great! did you decide what you are going to do with color yet?

Your talking about dzus tabs I'm assuming, these can't be used in the dezert because they come out very easily. Fender washers from a company like Camburg are used in their place. They screw on and rarely come out

Camburg Fender Washers | Camburg Engineering

Trucks coming out great man

Sgt Fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Gramercy Louisiana live in Biloxi Mississippi
Your talking about dzus tabs I'm assuming, these can't be used in the dezert because they come out very easily. Fender washers from a company like Camburg are used in their place. They screw on and rarely come out

Camburg Fender Washers | Camburg Engineering

We use 1/4 turn fasteners on Aircraft and they hold panels very well and the screw part of it stays with the panel so you dont have to worry about missing fasteners when you pull them off.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back down at Outlaw to help work on my truck. We are trying to think of all the little details that will be nice to have when it's complete. Here is how Marvin mounted the impact. qahy7y5y.jpg
When you open the passenger door, it's right next to the seat.