Gas filler door? Meh... Who needs it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They better replace that under warranty!!

That's good to hear I'm not the only one!! Stupid Ford and their stupid designs...don't they know this is an offroad truck and the change is going to fly everywhere and make a bunch of noise....if only we got the 6.2 :(

Dude I saw that!!! Were you able to find a touchless carwash that would remove the rocks and get big blue back to garage queen status before the trip back???

No I bought new tires because of the rocks and threw them out (but didn't call Dan) LOL! :pepper:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

So I just took her in for three "warranty" issues. Here's the result
1) Somewhere somehow I busted my driver side taillight housing. There's a nice big hole where plastic used to be, along the tailgate edge about midway down. No other impact damage anywhere, no scratching, no marring... Result? Yeah that one's on me. I didn't fight hard for it at all, since its pretty clearly impact damage from something. I ordered a replacement from them for around $100.

2) The loose change in my armrest. The service manager didn't see the humor...

3) The gas filler door. He took several pictures of it. Apparently Ford has a new procedure for "trim" items; its up to corp to make the call if something is under warranty or not. Either way, he said, he'll cover it (thru Ford or thru the dealership). But I'm waiting to hear back from him later this week with a definitive resolution. He was actually pretty sure Ford would decline the claim, saying it must have been ripped off. So he took careful pics. We'll see what they say.

More to come...

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big J,

I know how distressed you are over the missing gas cover. Since tomorrow is my day off I am volunteering to go back out on the trails to look for it. I will run them as many times as necessary or till it gets too dark to find your cover. Oh the sacrifices we must make........:cool:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
'dawg you're a stand up and honorable man. I knew it the minute I met you and the heroism you're about to display on my behalf only serves to prove me right.

You have my thanks my friend. Happy hunting!

:mrgreen:

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

So I just took her in for three "warranty" issues. Here's the result
1) Somewhere somehow I busted my driver side taillight housing. There's a nice big hole where plastic used to be, along the tailgate edge about midway down. No other impact damage anywhere, no scratching, no marring... Result? Yeah that one's on me. I didn't fight hard for it at all, since its pretty clearly impact damage from something. I ordered a replacement from them for around $100.

2) The loose change in my armrest. The service manager didn't see the humor...

3) The gas filler door. He took several pictures of it. Apparently Ford has a new procedure for "trim" items; its up to corp to make the call if something is under warranty or not. Either way, he said, he'll cover it (thru Ford or thru the dealership). But I'm waiting to hear back from him later this week with a definitive resolution. He was actually pretty sure Ford would decline the claim, saying it must have been ripped off. So he took careful pics. We'll see what they say.

More to come...
Did you tell him that this happened a Ford Sponsored event with the Raptor Engineering team?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did. I even pulled out a couple of the Ford business cards I had collected.

He was unimpressed.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if the job is a hefty warranty job from Ford, they put their best technician on the job that pays out 8 hours, he does it in 5, and everyone is happy. If it's a lame gas door, it's not worth **** to the dealership except tying up a tech, garage bay and a porter for half a morning at no profit. Seems dealerships are a little more willing to push it through on Ford when it's worth a damn. not ranting-just obsrving

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would call some of those business card owners and see what they can do, just a thought.
I hear ya. But to be honest that's not really my style. I felt a bit weird even pulling the cards out in the first place.

I dunno. I'd rather be treated like anybody else in these situations. I guess I think that just because I shook a few hands and spent some time chatting with influential folks, that doesn't mean they owe me any favors.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big J,

MarkT and I returned to the scene of the horrific loss and we decided that we had enough time for ONE long slow run searching for the cap, or.....we could make many fast runs and search. We chose option B, after many speedy passes, we still could not find the missing cap. I am truly sorry for failing in my mission and will choose to resign in disgrace:poopstorm: