Fuel For the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluerap7

Reaction score
Hilarious you're calling us idiots. The engine is designed to accept 87 octane as are many turbocharged DI engines, just like there are many that require 91+.

Boost pressure is only one component of octane requirements. I have my AMG tuned for 91 all day long and it makes 4 more psi than my Raptor. Do you know what shape combustion chambers the Ecoboost has? Cylinder pressures and cam profile? Timing curves? Fueling strategy between port and DI? The boost profile? IAT's? Everyone's altitude? Humidity? Local fuel quality and carbon buildup?

No? OK, maybe just follow the manual before calling people ignorant or idiots. It says you can use regular unleaded unless you're in adverse conditions and run into issues, or want maximum peak power. It usually doesn't even effect peak torque or gas mileage on a turbo engine because timing pull occurs at high RPM and high load. And it definitely will NOT damage your engine because knock sensors pull timing well before you will encounter damage.
I interchange my gassing up from 87 89 91 to 93 is that fine?