Fuel For the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think 98 in the UK is cheaper. damn.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I have never seen that in CA. Do other stations in your area have it? I am in San Diego and I can only find 91. I assume it is a 76 station?

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never seen that in CA. Do other stations in your area have it? I am in San Diego and I can only find 91. I assume it is a 76 station?
There’s a few in Newport Beach. I typically go to the 76 station on MacArther and PCH in Newport Beach that has 101.

There’s a handful of stations throughout every county. Best thing to do is just look up 100 octane on google maps and locations should come up in your surrounding area.

Tbogo

Reaction score
I have been running 87 for two years now without any pinging. Have also done some serious off-roading with same fuel with no ping or knock. I will only use 93 if towing. Average MPG is around 15.5 city and 18 highway at 80 MPH.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ethanol e-30 is 94 octane. I've never owned a flex vehicle and have millions of miles with e-30 one alone has 313,*** and still going strong. I get it tho baby the raptors. any mod voids the warranty. and I have modded mine.

pavendort

Reaction score
I run 93 top tier. I average 14.6mpg, which sounds pretty low. I do get slightly worse with 87/89. I wonder why my mileage is lower than many others.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
been contemplating this as I just got my raptor.

I had the dealer fill it up with 93 since it was on their dime, but i was always told 87 is fine for these engines, and if you tow, you should get 93. why i dont know but guess i'll continue with 93 until i figure something out

Last edited:

tlrmade

Reaction score
I run 93 top tier. I average 14.6mpg, which sounds pretty low. I do get slightly worse with 87/89. I wonder why my mileage is lower than many others.
try to figure it with the formula rather than the dash output. mine was completely different than what my dash was reading when i did it with the fuelly app.