FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with that approach is that the updated program is intended to prevent it from breaking. I had mine done a couple months ago when it first showed up on Ford app and haven't had any negative consequences. I'm hopeful having had it programmed will avoid the inconvenience of a major repair.

Good luck!
Same here. Also if you get the reprogram performed, they extend warranty coverage for cam phasers. Of course if you keep the truck long term or do not have extended coverage. No negative effects on mine either.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my TSB notice in the mail - ECU update first, then actual mechanical repair if needed....
Since I'm not running the stock ECU program - I wonder how that adjustment gets filtered in?

Winfield - do you know? @GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I received my TSB notice in the mail - ECU update first, then actual mechanical repair if needed....
Since I'm not running the stock ECU program - I wonder how that adjustment gets filtered in?

Winfield - do you know? @GooseTuned

It sits below the COBB Accessport and tune. So no effect on what we are doing

Meferrell84

Reaction score
I just got my letter this week and scheduled the appointment. But after reading the letter closer, if I already have the rattle, and my truck has more than 90k miles, Ford won’t cover any of the cost for new phasers- is that right?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my letter this week and scheduled the appointment. But after reading the letter closer, if I already have the rattle, and my truck has more than 90k miles, Ford won’t cover any of the cost for new phasers- is that right?
That’s correct. My recommendation is to Goosetune it with e85 maps and Send it. You are on the hook for anything anyway!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my truck in for tires and inspection and they did this without asking me. She texted me afterwards asking if I have a tune. I told her yes, and she said the did they update and it’s going to shift a little weird until I uninstall the tuner and then put it back on. It’s a little abrupt around 4th gear but seems ok. I’ll try to remove/reinstall the AP tomorrow. Seems weird they were able to do that. She also called it a recall.
@FordTechOne

Last edited:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so - should I go get that ECU tune form the dealer? that doesn't undo my custom?

It wont undo the custom tune (you'll uninstall the Accessport for them to flash the truck). As far as going to get it, that's completely up to you.

I dont want to say yes or no.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wont undo the custom tune (you'll uninstall the Accessport for them to flash the truck). As far as going to get it, that's completely up to you.

I dont want to say yes or no.
They flashed my truck without letting me uninstall the AP. Any idea what I’m in for tomorrow? They told me to uninstall and reload it afterwards.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uh oh...you probably wont be able to uninstall the Accessport since it wont see anything to uninstall.

They shouldn't have flashed the truck without your permission (and it should be uninstalled before taking it in for a flash)