FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtopRaptor

Reaction score
I had my phasers replaced in Jan 2020 on my 2017, in June of this year the rattle came back. Today Aug 2, the dealer completed the 21B10s2 update. The rattle is now gone! The only issue I had driving home were hard shifts, do you think the transmission needs to learn the shift points agin?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my phasers replaced in Jan 2020 on my 2017, in June of this year the rattle came back. Today Aug 2, the dealer completed the 21B10s2 update. The rattle is now gone! The only issue I had driving home were hard shifts, do you think the transmission needs to learn the shift points agin?
Yes, the adaptive tables get reset during programming.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious may i asked how much it cost? DId u do it because you were tired of the sound or any other issues? thanks

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blademan, there were not out of pocket expenses
That's great so dealership cover under warranty. .. hopefully I won't have to worry about it but time will tell. My truck is tuned so I worry about that too but love the difference. Thanks

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I had cam phaser done in 2020 then transmission stuff. but had to go back for ruff shifts and bump/thump thing and start. Dealer said pressure build up and needs adjustment.

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
Had the cam phasers fixed on my 2019 Raptor (6/19 build) this week, which also included the software update. They have been rattling for about 23,000 miles. Got the truck back last night. No rattle this morning on a cold start, which was amazing to hear, and drove perfectly on my 30 mile commute in this am. Hopefully it stays that way because that was my only complaint with the truck.

mikehawncho

Reaction score
Local dealer claims they performed the update for the cam phasers on my 2019 - leaving the dealership, crank it up and it rattles.

Like someone on here said in one of my threads, I have a dealer issue more than a truck issue.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer claims they performed the update for the cam phasers on my 2019 - leaving the dealership, crank it up and it rattles.

Like someone on here said in one of my threads, I have a dealer issue more than a truck issue.
If the parts are already broken, it’s not going to fix them. It’s just intended to prevent the issue from happening.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did it rattle before you brought it in?