FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well just cold started the truck after getting the PCM flash done. Unfortunately no change to the rattle. Still sounds like a school bus on start up. I did notice that the transmission shudder was gone yesterday on my drive home. I'm going to call the dealer today and see what they have to say about it. Honestly I'm not surprised. Wasn't sure how a software change could fix a hardware problem.

my 18 has the updated parts from the factory...and it too starts like a school bus at cold start up, but as FTO says....it is not cam phaser......mostly waste gate rattle and cold valve train. Only bad when truck sits for 2-3 days +. I dont like it, but I dont worry about it all. just one of the quirks of this truck.

Stop listening for things you think are wrong and just enjoy the truck for what it is.

2ManyHobbies

Reaction score
my 18 has the updated parts from the factory...and it too starts like a school bus at cold start up, but as FTO says....it is not cam phaser......mostly waste gate rattle and cold valve train. Only bad when truck sits for 2-3 days +. I dont like it, but I dont worry about it all. just one of the quirks of this truck.

Stop listening for things you think are wrong and just enjoy the truck for what it is.
Yeah. I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm not being overly sensitive to the sounds the truck makes. My issue is the fact that it didn't sound like that when I bought it. I haven't modded it at all and now its making a ton of noise. Even my wife who doesn't know anything about cars said something about it. That doesn't seem like a quirk to me. This truck is my dream vehicle. I've been trying to get one of these things since test drove the Gen 1 back in '09. I planned on keeping this truck for a LONG time, as in this was the last truck I planned on buying...ever and if its going to start eating itself before even having 25K on the clock is a problem. I'm keeping it for now mostly because I have no idea what else I would get. Don't like Dodges, the gen 3 has the same motor but more electronics to fail, and the Gen 3 R is going to cost as much as my house. Believe me I'm trying to just enjoy it for what it is but its difficult when things go wrong so early. If they would just say that the worst it can do is make a noise and it will be covered if it leads to something else then I wouldn't worry about it all.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just spoke with my ford mechanic,ask him difference beetween 21B10 and 21B10S2 and he answer was i have no clue,but on my truck the reprogram will be with 21B10S2
think Ford sent 21B10 but in reality was 21B10S2
next friday i will let you know.
my truck was built June 6 2019 and all ready the rattle was fix(till end of Mai 2019.
to be clear i never had a problem.
may be s2 is for Raptor?
the you tube video is something

Last edited: