FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beenjammin

Reaction score
Like others have stated, i wish there was a Ecm reprogram that could delay the crank by a second or so to prime it beforehand if this helps. Ford just called me again waiting to receive the cost estimate to tell me how much they will assist with. I dont know why they are playing around. The TSB shows word for word the parts needed and the labor time allotment. Why cant they just go off of that?

I want them to replace all the phasers not just one. Might as well do it all with the updated parts

Last edited:

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the extended crank (hold gas pedal to the floor) every time my '17 sits for > 24 hours which is more often than not. Usually takes 1 full cycle (~7-8 seconds until it automatically stops cranking), then a few more seconds on the 2nd cycle to see the oil pressure begin to register. Another second or so after that and I let it fire. Only have ~27,*** miles but no phaser rattle so far...

Beenjammin

Reaction score
Good news for the 3.5 H.O. cam phasers that are out of warranty. Ford agreed to pay half the repair cost which was only around $1500 total so $750 out of pocket at the warranty rate in which they gave me. I was very happy since I was expecting a much higher bill. My local dealer was a little upset and felt it should have been 100%, but im not worried about $750 vs the alternative.

So it never hurts to call up Ford and get a case# going. Now the phasers will be covered for another two years and there is a nice paper trail.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While that is good I think Ford should have done it on their dime. They know it’s a known issue. You may even end up recouping that money when the rumored extended cam phaser warranty is announced.

Beenjammin

Reaction score
While that is good I think Ford should have done it on their dime. They know it’s a known issue. You may even end up recouping that money when the rumored extended cam phaser warranty is announced.
Thats exactly what my dealer said... I did ask ford about any future H.O. CSB regarding this issue and if I could be reimbursed further pending mileage qualification, but I might have well been speaking Japanese. The fact that the Ford service agent didnt even try to argue and basically just said " Ok we can help you out" tells me they know something is coming.

Beenjammin

Reaction score
I wish they could have come out with a new number to reflect a revision. Im scared of it now until we learn about what was changed from before.