Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I have noticed there are several areas the catch mud and gunk. At least on my 2012 when I play in the mud, the crap gets caught in between skid plate and lower cross member.. And the steering rack two mounting bolts, have rubber type bushings.. They also collect gunk. I wash the crap off and then use some Teflon spray lube on all the bushings..

-Greg

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I gave it another week to see if its just me or not. At the moment it almost feels like a loose body mount or something..that type of movement/noise. Is that what people are experiencing?....I guess I should take it in....250 miles. Bone Stock.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this morning it was 15 degrees out. On the drive home from work out sounded and felt like the front end of the truck was going to fall off the noise and feel was so bad. This afternoon I pulled the lower shock bolt nuts off, applied anti-seize and hit the with an impact as per suggestions made in the other threads. This HELPED but didn't totally solve the issue. I'm going to take the service manager for a ride tomorrow and see where we go from there.

I've been a Chevy guy for a while now, and quite frankly I was worried about making the move back to Ford of reasons like this....

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trayack - what'd the dealer say?

I'm planning on ordering a Screw this week (currently have a Tahoe, never owned a ford) but the problems you and others have described should not happen on a $50,000 truck IMO. But I know nothing is perfect and the majority of people have not experienced issues

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took the lead mechanic who I know for a spin. It was warmer out than previous days so it wasn't really making any odd noises. To me it still feels like there a bit of a clunk but honestly it might just be me not used to the "truck noises, and feelings". Trucks my nature simply aren't as stiff as full size SUVs. When Andy (the lead tech) drove it he said everything felt normal. He's also driven a few raptors before and I haven't.

Regardless he agreed to take it in this Thursday and retorque EVERY front suspension component just to be safe. Petty cool if you ask me.

- Travis