Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No sounds here on my 2011 that I've noticed. Seems even quieter now with the Stage 3 (going over bumps)

WOZMAN

Reaction score
My 2011 SCREW had clunking/clanking noises coming from the front passenger side from day one. I would especially be able to hear it when entering parking lots while turning right as well as well as going over speed bumps. I took it in to the dealership at a little over 6000km on the odometer and they fixed it! Here is the exact comments made by the technician on the bill:

HEARD A CLUNKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT RIGHT WHEEL. FOUND ONE OF THE TWO MOUNTING BOLTS FOR THE STEERING RACK WAS NOT TORQUED DOWN AND THE RACK WAS MOVING. REMOVED THE BOLT TO MAKE SURE IT WAS NOT CROSS-THREADED - IT APPEARED TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION. RE-INSTALLED THE BOLT AND TIGHTENED DOWN MAKING SURE THE RACK WAS TIGHT AGAINST THE CROSSMEMBER. ROAD TESTED TO ENSURE THE NOISE WAS GONE. NO NOISE FROM THE FRONT ANYMORE. BECAUSE OF THIS REPAIR THE STEERING WHEEL IS NOT CENTERED AND THE TOE IS PROBABLY OUT OF SPEC. WHEEL ALIGNMENT IS REQUIRED. AT 1.3HRS.

All work was covered under warranty and I now have over 12,000km on the truck and the noise hasn't returned so this did the job. :waytogo:

2SVT'S

Reaction score
Sort of an old thread but I'm experiencing the same noise on my 2013 after going to mid perch. Over sharp bumps getting a loud clunk noise in the front end. It seems to be louder when turned to the right. Anyone else having issues???

BTW the weather as been around 5 degrees since having the mid perch done and the truck has 150 miles on it.

edit** found the front end clunk thread...:Stupid Me:

Last edited:

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, factory everything. 150 miles on her. I'm going to give it a bit it might just be me being hypersensitive to "truck" noises. I'm used to a much stiffer full size SUV.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sort of an old thread but I'm experiencing the same noise on my 2013 after going to mid perch. Over sharp bumps getting a loud clunk noise in the front end. It seems to be louder when turned to the right. Anyone else having issues???

BTW the weather as been around 5 degrees since having the mid perch done and the truck has 150 miles on it.

edit** found the front end clunk thread...:Stupid Me:

same here. Had the clunk before hand, but not after going to mid perch on my 2012, its definatley amplified. I will check steering rack because the steering feels a bit odd since i moved to the other perch. Its been cool here, hovering around the 30's