Front bumper uneven gap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has had this issue with their truck after hard offroad driving. Just washed off the truck from this weekends adventures and noticed there is a larger gap on the passenger side of the front bumper than on the drivers side. It wasn't like that before. I did spend quite a bit of time jumping and nailed the front skid on one landing pretty good. However it drives fine and no issues with the alignment. Is it just the fact that the metal is so thin a large bug could tweak it or is it potentially a bigger issue?

Just looking for a few opinions on the matter.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to adjust my truck literally off the showroom. When I installed the Rigid Fogs, I had probably a 3/8" difference one side to the other. Simple adjustment with the bumper brackets.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the bumper is only held on by 4 bolts so it's very possible that some good jarring could knock it off kilter a little. Remove your skid plate and you will see the bolts that attach the bumper to the frame horns. Loosen the bolts, straighten the bumper and tighten her down!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah my stock bumper was a little out of whack too, I was too lazy to actually do anything about it until I put my ADD bumper on. That fixed it right up!

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah its really easy, in fact you shouldn't have to remove the skid. You should be able to pop the hood and get to the two inner bolts.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bumper is attached via some slotted holes with quite an amount of vertical adjustment possible. Yours must be off kilter on one side.

OP
OP
G

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I have to go to the auto craft center on post wed. to rotate the tires and fix my tail pipes so I'll add that to the to do list before driving to KC thurs.