Front Bumper Touch Up Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting bad rust and paint chipping on driver side front bumper. I was thinking about using a touch up paint to cover it up and finish with a clear coat.
Anyone know the color for the front bumper?

I have this touch up paint from the dealer for my truck not sure if it's the same color or not.

IMG_1406.jpegIMG_1765.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, pretty sure it’s not the gloss magnetic we thought it was in 2017. I am in need myself, as it appears some knucklehead scratched up my passenger side lower.
FWIW, that touch up should be 2 way - color selected and clear on the other end.

anyway, regardless of stealership involvement, I’d put a small sample on a flat surface and let dry, then compare to the bumper first. Just in case.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think when i tried J7 on the rear bumper it was close but just a smidge off. I think someone posted it should work but the motorcraft pens are just inconsistent. However, i dont think a pen can help with that, would need to do what @CleverGirl_ said cause you may cause the rust to get worse painting over it.

Speaking of this i need to do the same, i kinda unfoiled the rubber to sort of stop it a bit, but eh, too much sand gets in there to really do a difference.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
i think when i tried J7 on the rear bumper it was close but just a smidge off. I think someone posted it should work but the motorcraft pens are just inconsistent. However, i dont think a pen can help with that, would need to do what @CleverGirl_ said cause you may cause the rust to get worse painting over it.

Speaking of this i need to do the same, i kinda unfoiled the rubber to sort of stop it a bit, but eh, too much sand gets in there to really do a difference.
I’d use powder. But getting that to match the fenders is gonna be tricky I feel.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing needs to come apart and be sanded down, rust is tricky, you need to make sure to get all of it or it will just keep coming back

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for a front bumper upgrade? My front bumper is nearly perfect with the exception of a small rust spot on the driver side, right where the rubber seal is, very similar to what dudmlh522 picture shows in the same area. It’s driving me nuts and will have to address sooner than later. Is there a comprehensive list of paint touchup colors for the GEN’s somewhere? I believe my 2018 should be J7 as previously mentioned.