Friggin Laser Beams (Baja Designs S1 Lasers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would give me a little extra when needing more distance than my 60" Racer onx6 can give me.

And that my friends is the problem with lighting. One would think a 60” ONX6 racer would supply all the distance lighting needed. And more. Like a shit load in excess more. Especially for the $$$$ spent.

It’s a ******* rabbit hole. It just goes deeper and deeper. Over the years, I have spent a total of about 3k in lighting. And I drive a ******* Ram 1500!! Lmao.

I am nowhere near done yet. Crazy. Atleast I am not wasting my money on drugs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
And that my friends is the problem with lighting. One would think a 60” ONX6 racer would supply all the distance lighting needed. And more. Like a shit load in excess more. Especially for the $$$$ spent.

It’s a ******* rabbit hole. It just goes deeper and deeper. Over the years, I have spent a total of about 3k in lighting. And I drive a ******* Ram 1500!! Lmao.

I am nowhere near done yet. Crazy. Atleast I am not wasting my money on drugs....

you'd think, until how far the lights reach is more important than the volume of light that they put out.

Under 100 mph, night is day when I flip everything on.

Over 100mph? I'm 40, don't have the reaction time that I once had, nor the caliber of eyesight that I once had. I'll take every advantage that I can get. :cool:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd think, until how far the lights reach is more important than the volume of light that they put out.

Under 100 mph, night is day when I flip everything on.

Over 100mph? I'm 40, don't have the reaction time that I once had, nor the caliber of eyesight that I once had. I'll take every advantage that I can get. :cool:
Agreed. I like the area in front of me like the sun, with some long range lights pointed down the trail/road. I don’t run mine near as hard as you do but a moose on the road is like hitting a Clydesdale horse and on icy roads I’d rather see it and have plenty of reaction time.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Agreed. I like the area in front of me like the sun, with some long range lights pointed down the trail/road. I don’t run mine near as hard as you do but a moose on the road is like hitting a Clydesdale horse and on icy roads I’d rather see it and have plenty of reaction time.

a moose is more dangerous to hit than anything I end up pointed at. I've seen what happens when one of those big bastards hits a windshield. Be safe out there!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run yellow lens on my XL LASER's and they make pretty good dust lights for those who need to see me coming....

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Really...I have a set of XL80's (Now have the XL80 LASER's)on the SDHQ pillar mounts and they are pretty rock solid...and I'm pretty **** about jittery lights..(drives me kinds nuts)

Keep in mind, I don't have factory fenders anymore. I also have a fair amount trimmed out of the understructure too. My shake is most likely more pronounced, but anyone's brackets will oscillate a bit. Mine shook when the truck was stock, just not as apparent.

it isn't visible in the beam pattern or output. I can see the bracket moving out of the corner of my eye. It gets annoying sometimes.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run yellow lens on my XL LASER's and they make pretty good dust lights for those who need to see me coming....
From how far away? [emoji16]

What do you think the distance is compared to clear?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From how far away?

Hard to say.....NASA called and complained they were bouncing off the Moon and messing up their measurements.....Is that far enough :)

The yellow of course reduces the overall light output, but all kidding aside these lights have a VERY narrow beam and need to be part of a light package....I'll share this - My first lights on the pillars where the full size XL80's w/driving combo lens and absolutely kicked ass in that position!...can't recommend that setup enough...
I also have the 10" Onyx+ driving combo setup in front of my IC (now the same place but mounted to my ADD PRO bumper) and again part of a lighting package. The light output is a little muted as this is not the ideal mounting place, a little too low (I knew this before buying) but sure is an easy place to mount...