Friggin Laser Beams (Baja Designs S1 Lasers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say.....NASA called and complained they were bouncing off the Moon and messing up their measurements.....Is that far enough :)

The yellow of course reduces the overall light output, but all kidding aside these lights have a VERY narrow beam and need to be part of a light package....I'll share this - My first lights on the pillars where the full size XL80's w/driving combo lens and absolutely kicked ass in that position!...can't recommend that setup enough...
I also have the 10" Onyx+ driving combo setup in front of my IC (now the same place but mounted to my ADD PRO bumper) and again part of a lighting package. The light output is a little muted as this is not the ideal mounting place, a little too low (I knew this before buying) but sure is an easy place to mount...

Oh I realize the Lasers are only one part of what a person needs to have as a package. I was thinking of using the S1 laser on an A-pillar mount, should be plenty high enough and focused enough to have minimal hood glare. Planning to install a 40 inch OnX6+ arc bar on the front, currently five 6.7 inch vision x light cannons that I but on before a trip to have some extra light. Looking at mounting options for OnX6+ now. Can’t make up my mind on the bumper yet but I live on a state that it is required to have license plate attached so I’m looking relocation options if I swap bumper. One of the few tickets I’ve received was due to not having it installed but I hate having it in front on the intercooler blocking flow. I looked at, but not interested in a frame cut bumper for my application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking of using the S1 laser on an A-pillar mount
Those look like a nice light, but not sure of their wattage and not sold on that location and use....think they will not deliver the beam length you would expect...

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like a nice light, but not sure of their wattage and not sold on that location and use....think they will not deliver the beam length you would expect...
15W
500 Lumens
Per light

I remember chatting, or I called BD, (can’t find transcript) but I could have sworn they stated over 3000 ft. I planned to check before going through with it. Thought about ordering 1 and compare to a single chip Vision X 6.7 inch LED light cannon. I could always use it as a small hand spot light when out on my side by side if I don’t use on the truck.

Edited a few drinks later after I thought about some more:

I remember you or someone talking about vibration on A-pillar mounts. I can’t stand a vibrating light, that’s why I thought about using the S1 in that location just to throw a bit more light straight down the trail without having any wash on the hood.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Oh I realize the Lasers are only one part of what a person needs to have as a package. I was thinking of using the S1 laser on an A-pillar mount, should be plenty high enough and focused enough to have minimal hood glare. Planning to install a 40 inch OnX6+ arc bar on the front, currently five 6.7 inch vision x light cannons that I but on before a trip to have some extra light. Looking at mounting options for OnX6+ now. Can’t make up my mind on the bumper yet but I live on a state that it is required to have license plate attached so I’m looking relocation options if I swap bumper. One of the few tickets I’ve received was due to not having it installed but I hate having it in front on the intercooler blocking flow. I looked at, but not interested in a frame cut bumper for my application.

PopRivet it to the skidplate. :cool:

I'm going to try running the S1 lasers on my A-pillar brackets. My plan is to run a clear laser for distance, and an amber wide lens pointed pretty far to the side as ditch lighting.

I think the mass of the pair of s1s on the bracket will be less than an xl racer ( to get rid of the light "wiggle" on the bracket. It will also let me aim that ditch light prescriptively so I don't have to contend with the hood glare from a combo lens.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm going to try running the S1 lasers on my A-pillar brackets. My plan is to run a clear laser for distance, and an amber wide lens pointed pretty far to the side as ditch lighting.

I think the mass of the pair of s1s on the bracket will be less than an xl racer ( to get rid of the light "wiggle" on the bracket. It will also let me aim that ditch light prescriptively so I don't have to contend with the hood glare from a combo lens.
That’s what I did to the last truck for the front plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I bought a set of s1 lasers for A pilars... They are sitting at home and I'm outta town[emoji20] hopefully this weekend I'll get em installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of s1 lasers for A pilars... They are sitting at home and I'm outta town[emoji20] hopefully this weekend I'll get em installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I would be losing my shit in anticipation. Post a review please.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

3500 ft is the over the phone answer on distance, same as the XL laser just one laser optic setup on the S1 compared to 4 on the XL.
Out of town a few more months but I’ll be ordering a set of lasers, possibly a set of S1 wide corner for ditch lights. I’ll see what you think when you get it installed. Which pillar mounts are you using?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
3500 ft is the over the phone answer on distance, same as the XL laser just one laser optic setup on the S1 compared to 4 on the XL.
Out of town a few more months but I’ll be ordering a set of lasers, possibly a set of S1 wide corner for ditch lights. I’ll see what you think when you get it installed. Which pillar mounts are you using?

sdhq. I'm not a fan on the other kinds that attach to the hood hinge. I've seen those style mounts rip out on toyotas too often.